• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: THAT1512 preamp pcbs

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volker

The pcb holds two mic preamps on one board (can be seperated if necessary). The circuit is based on the THAT1512 for amplification and a THAT1646 output section. Additionally, a DC servo is used so there is no other capacitor in the direct signal path other than the phantom blocking cap. It also Features relay switched input pad and output polarity reversal. Overall, a very clean and clear sounding mic preamp.

10€ each, I have five pieces available. For 6€ I also have an appropriate power supply pcb that will feed several of these boards.

Hi Volker,

I would like one! I built something very similar on perf board some years ago, and this will tidy it up nicely.

How to pay?
Stewart

Hi Stewart,

preferably bank transfer, I am happy about every cent that doesnt go into Paypal's greedy claws  ;). But Paypal is fine too of course if that is your only option. Postage to the UK should be 1,50€ I think, I'll send you a pm!

Volker

I have a pair of these PCB's which I wont be using. Happy to sell off at cost price to anyone interested.

Also have 2 THAT1510 chips which I can see with them if wanted. Please PM for further details.

would be fantastic to have a high quality battery power supply with it, with ±16 & 48 Volt

I still get requests for these boards every once in a while. I might be ordering some in the near future for myself, if anybody else is interested let me know.

PCBs finally arrived today. Production took forever, then shipping, and they were stuck in customs for almost two weeks  :eek:...

I'll send PMs to anyone who showed interest, but there are more of course for others to take.

Hey Volker,
do you still have any of these boards available?
I'd be interested in buying 4 preamp boards (for 8 channels, correct?) and one of the psu boards (unless I'd need something beefier to power 4 boards).

Cheers
Jannis

I'm interested in these as well! (Or, alternately - and perhaps preferably -  a schematic so I can whip together a vero version.)

I still have plenty of these, several people who had initial interest didn't go through with their order. Send me a PM.

Hey Volker.

I'm having some issues with RF noise building these mic amps.  I'm trying to PM you but you inbox is full.

I'm having some issues with HF oscillation in that at anything other than minimum gain the output signal is swamped with RF hash.    Has anyone else had any issues like this ?

Can I ask you how you wired the gain switch.  Other than resistor values there is nothng about this.  Are they in a ladder network or wired so just the 1 resistor is across the gain ?

Also was there any build thread for these mic pres on the forum ?

Back