MixBuzz1 by I.J.Research DIY version

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam system-d

Hi everyone,

I finally had some time today to work again on that.
Few people asked me for gerbers.
I've read all the mixbuzz1 thread, Igor never shared his gerbers, I'm gonna follow this spirit.
I know, that sucks, but that's my position on it. If you want gerbers file, just do the same that I did, draw it from the pdf.

My goal was to keep this project alive for DIYer, not selling board or have someone making boards (and some money) from free work.

With the pdfs that I will upload soon, you'll be able to :
- home etch your own pcb set.
- redraw everything you want to get gerbers file.

I've changed the meter board to use LEDs, not the original ones.

I've etch VCA/Vu Driver/Meter board today.
I'm just a hobbyist, I've got nothing fancy here, just a basic UV lamp case and I use FeCl3 to etch.
Here is the result on VCA board.
VCAs

It's totally doable.

Gimme some time, I've got some other stuff I got to work on, I don't spend my whole life doing DIY, I really appreciate your PMs, but be patient, don't rush me.

Edit :
Here is a link with all the etching files and a disclaimer. Please READ.
Note : The Sidechain filter switch has no board, wires directon the switch.
I've found one mistake that I fixed on the main board right before exporting this. So it MIGHT be good. If anyone want to spend few hours to check it feel free.
I've etch my boards yesterday (so mine contain 1 small mistake, that I can arrange with a link), I will post pictures soon. They are just gorgeous and perfect. I will also post details on how I had this result.

Thats good news  ;) .  Your conclusion about gerbers not being accessible its ok to me, your decision is understandable.  Now I have to improve my home etching  ;D  I appreciate your hard work with these pcbs! Great!
Thanks!

Its just great to see that we're not forgotten about Igor. He continues to impress us all. I wish i had bought more stuff from him.
Anyway, your work is terrific, Sam! Keep it up and let us know!

Here are some pictures that I took from my boards.

Etching prossess on Bungard Photosensitive boards :

1:52min on EACH side under my UV lamps (this model : CPKF1696)

Quick drop (about 10/12 sec) in revelator CIF.

Water cleaning.

Drop the board in hyperactive FeCl3 (CIF always)
Check very often the process, it is fast as there is not much copper to take of.

Trick :
For the main board, you should go the regular process first, and when the board looks kindda OK, take it out, and protecting your desk, take a sponge, (WEAR GLOVES !) and dip it in FeCl3, and go over the board to make sure copper on the busyest part of the board goes away.

Water cleaning.

Then dip it in Acetone, then in immersion tin (pretty short time). Water cleaning.
And you should have something like that :

boards 1

boards 2

boards 3

Pay attention when you flip the board from top to bottom.
Good luck !

Hey guys.
I've been checking and double checking everything.
I bought the parts long time ago, but I finally have some time to build this beast.
I will try to post pictures of the full process.

You indicate that your board layouts are based on V2.5 of the Mixbuzz. Can you post, or direct us to the corresponding V2.5 schematic and BOM and other materials? I can only find as recent as V1.4 on the original Mixbuzz build thread.

To help anyone save time, the vca boards in mixbuzz 1 are the same as the 500 series version & are available from my site, as are all original docs

Back