Tube Mixer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holger

GDIY Supporter
I think this deserves it's own thread, so I'm posting some pictures of my finished "Krässemaschine" here.

Thanks again to Ian Thompson-Bell for making this possible.

freiscaled.jpg

backscaled.jpg

This takes my breath away.  It's. ... just ... wow.
The build thread you had for this turned me on to Ian's projects.  I have a dual tube helios 69 now that gets as much use as the 1084 which was my go-to previously. And more are being finished.  Top notch stuff. All of it.  So I can only imagine how magnificent this masterpiece must be.  You've built a mixer for the gods of ol to use sir.  My hat goes off to you.

Absolutely beautiful.  This raises the DIY bar by a significant amount.  You guys are crazy and I love it!

Jeff

Gents, this desk sounds even better than it looks. Holger had it sitting next to a SSL4k in tiptop shape, recording a jazz band. The SSL owner went dead pale after switching tracks from his desk to the Krässemaschine. I yet have to hear a better sounding desk.

Holger. Wow.  :eek:

What are the models of the big power connectors you used?

Also, did you split the mics and record both the Krässemaschine and SSL? That would be really interesting to hear.

Gents, thanks for liking.

The power connectors are from German manufacturer Harting. They are rated 16A/500V.

No samples or audio files for now. I hope that there will be a cool production that I can share in the future.

Latest posts

Back