Some onboard bass pream

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikolay

Hi guys :)
For some time I like to make onboard pream in my bass guitar. I know that EMG or alembic have good onboard preamp for bass.
Any ideas for something usefull for passive pickups, I use MEC pickpups, and the sound is good ;)

What kind of functionality do you want ? Just a buffer ? Or EQ ?

Years ago I cloned the active circuit (passive PUs) of some 'special'-P-bass-version. The Fender-circuit uses around 5 NPNs and a PNP and does Bass, Treble, Volume and some LPF-shaping. Sounded good as far as I remember. Runs of a single 9V. Let me know if interested.

It's probably quite alike to the Shadowsky-circuit from another thread here, but that's just a guess.

Bye,

peter

clintrubber thank you for your answer
I like some EQ for bass,trebble and volume
I see Shadowsky circuit and I wait for it :)

Actually I think, that for bass is good some harmonic enhancer with 3 band EQ (bass, mid and treble)

My pleasure.

Just some (obvious) thoughts about putting circuits into instruments: you sure you need all those controls to be present there ? If not, just put them at the other end of the cable - there they could be implemented more easily (more relaxed w.r.t. supply voltages, current draw, easy of use etc). And you could use them with other instruments as well.

And less controls that could be misadjusted or hit by accident while playing. You'll have noticed people fumbling those knobs & switches over & over again while they're about to start playing their part ? - just to be sure they're at the right setting. I've never seen people doing that with their amp-controls ! :wink:

Note this is all skipping what sounds best - active or passive basses - that's subjective and an whole new discussion altogether.

Back