[BUILD] STA LEVEL PCB OFFICIAL BUILD & HELP THREAD

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to add a huge thanks for the wiring diagram, will help me out no end when I come to build my one. Im still gathering parts and waiting for the cases from Steve but im excited already!!! Thanks, Matt

Honestly I doubt that carbon resistors would improve anything. For me they do the same as all other resistors, they resist  :)
Edit:  found a good article about this topic
http://www.aikenamps.com/index.php/resistor-types-does-it-matter
Bernd

Well, since this is my first tube project I wanted to understand the connections and wirings before I actually do them.
But please check so I don't have done any mistakes.

A question: is it wise to have more then one star ground connected to the chassis?

I read somewhere that the IEC ground can be close to the IEC/power transformer. But to avoid hum, put another chassis ground near the input tx. ??

John

Ok. Good.

I saw that I missed to connect the relay board to star ground I the wiring guide.

John

BOM says output pot should be 1k lin but the mouser part number came back  50k. can i use it or should i order a new one? thanks

while you're at it: there's also the switch missing for the relay board

Monoklang said:
Ok. Good.

I saw that I missed to connect the relay board to star ground I the wiring guide.

John

thanks.. sorry for all the stupid questions but none of the colors in the diagram correlate to the trafo.  it has orange,  purple,  white, yellow, and yellow with green stripes.  the diagram is brown,  white,  black,  and pink. thanks agin.

Hi

I cannot seem to find this info.
I see jumpers being used on the input pad and one other on the main pcb.

I plan on using Sowter in & out, do I need to jump these positions?
And am I ok with using the resistor values on pcb?

Thanks
Neil

Build it stock with resistors for input and output pad. When using sowter tx you'll need the input pad anyway. As far as I remember you don't need any jumper on the mainboard (read first post), but there need to be jumpers on the control board.
Bernd

Latest posts

Back