[BUILD] CAPI FC526~500 Series~FET Limiter Kit~Official Support Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jsteiger said:
Unit7 said:
I did that and was able to get one unit perfect and the other almost, because the RV8 hit the bottom and I settled for 2.489V with GR off and 2.235V with GR on. The meter behaves, but Jeff would you say that is close enough, or is there something funky about the RV8 hitting the bottom?
I think that is a little funky. There should be plenty of room on both trimmers to cal the meter in perfectly.
The issue with one of my units was probably because my old solder station was ready for retirement. Got a new really nice Weller today and reflowed most of the joints on the main board and both units are now operational! Thanks Jeff!

Unit7 said:
jsteiger said:
Unit7 said:
I did that and was able to get one unit perfect and the other almost, because the RV8 hit the bottom and I settled for 2.489V with GR off and 2.235V with GR on. The meter behaves, but Jeff would you say that is close enough, or is there something funky about the RV8 hitting the bottom?
I think that is a little funky. There should be plenty of room on both trimmers to cal the meter in perfectly.
The issue with one of my units was probably because my old solder station was ready for retirement. Got a new really nice Weller today and reflowed most of the joints on the main board and both units are now operational! Thanks Jeff!
Great news Paul! Thanks for the update  ;)

Hi guys....

I was doing so great...made it all the way thru the build until the LEDs...

Soldered one side then removed the meter pcb to solder the other side...now I can't get the face plate back on to the front with the LEDs aligned properly and have snapped one of the LEDs in the process...

Any helpful tips?

Thanks in advance!

Kevinkmny said:
Hi guys....

I was doing so great...made it all the way thru the build until the LEDs...

Soldered one side then removed the meter pcb to solder the other side...now I can't get the face plate back on to the front with the LEDs aligned properly and have snapped one of the LEDs in the process...

Any helpful tips?

Thanks in advance!
The faceplate should be in place before inserting the meter PCB.

Thanks Jeff, I'll e-mail you...

I may have met my match with this meter pcb...I just can't get it seated..

I wonder if the best solution isn't to remove the existing LEDs and try again...

Not sure how to prevent the certain movement of the LEDs when you remove the PCM to solder the other side....

Kevinkmny said:
I wonder if the best solution isn't to remove the existing LEDs and try again...
Yes either that or look for the one or two that are holding things up and straighten them.

Not sure how to prevent the certain movement of the LEDs when you remove the PCM to solder the other side....
I have never had trouble with this. The LED leads are very stiff so I have never had them move. I am always pretty careful with them too.

What are the other opamp V DCR measurements? Basically we are looking for a direct short. I have never had one this low myself but it could be possible. I would try and make sure none of the 33µF caps have their pads shorted. If this all looks clear, I would power it up with no DOA's installed and make sure the PSU is stable and that you have expected +/- voltages at all of the opamp sockets.

Hi Jeff...

Just finishing my first of two 526's. Things went pretty smooth!

I believe 4 x 22p capacitors are missing from the 4 Opamp Adapter Kits. Can I swap them with caps of other value?

Thanks!

furn1979 said:
I believe 4 x 22p capacitors are missing from the 4 Opamp Adapter Kits. Can I swap them with caps of other value?
No they are not required for the LME49710's. I only added the spot on the PCB in case someone uses a 5534.

Hi everybody,

I build to kit of FC526, one is ok, and calibrate; and the other has a problem.

my problem :

for TP1 I find 0.02volts with the Bypass toggle up to BYP and 0.002volts with the Bypass toggle down to ACT ....  :'(

I change the opamp and retake some solder between the receiver and the output transfo...

I need some help!!!
thanks for yours!!!

Jérôme

Attachments

• 20151016_151029.jpg
    20151016_151029.jpg
    596.3 KB · Views: 27
Sounds to me like the relays are not activating. Check the components around them especially the location of the zener diodes as well as the 3904 transistor.

I also see many questionable looking solder joints. It could be one or more colder solder joints. What temp is your iron set at? I run just below 800˚F. Maybe a good cleanup and reflow would help.

Latest posts

Back