Ok, you've built it......

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vikki,

If your willing I will throw out the Pirelli calender in favor of a picture of you and your project. I could look up from my bench and sigh "thats the girl who built an LA2A"

An admirer.

My wife thinks I am an undercover CIA agent. That's the only way I can keep busy building things.

Seriously, she's great. Many times I have been researching and building gear, or working in the studio when I really should have been spending time with her. I try to make it up; balance in life is important.

Interesting answers indeed! My first wife was not too impressed with DIY electronics, especially as I don't do general DIY in the home. However, my second wife has no quarrel with it at all - she uses a nice DI I made for her Bowed Psaltery, and after all, it keeps me out of the way when she is planning her Spanish lessons. She also knows that the What compressor is for her voice - so any compliants.................

My "girlfriend" live 120 miles away.
And she don't drive freeways!
Talk about heaven!
And she is a singer/songwriter/harp player who wants to record a cd on some good equipment, so she has no complaints about me building Neve,LA2a,Telefunken,1176, Pultec, no sir, not a peep out of her!
It's like, "when are you gonna be done with that Melcor!
You are sooo slow!

:guinness:

My girlfriend is an artist (mixed media primarily) and she really doesn't have a problem with it, except when I run my mouth about how I got "suchandsuch" part for "suchandsuch" price etc etc etc. The thing is she really likes the aesthetics of amps and electronic parts so she's beginning to take all my old tubes and use them in her work. Right now she's painting the back of an original JCM800, and instead of painting in the tubes she's actually mounting real ones. It's neat.

She finds it kinda fascinating... she welds frames and things for her artwork, so I'm trying to get her to put down the mig welder and pick up a soldering iron so she can help me make my 1176. :wink:

multi-tasking, baby. multi-tasking. that's how I find time for DIY.

Actually, my office/tech bench/control room/womb is the space my wife and I hang out in the most....she has 1/2 the room and I have 1/2 (ok...my shit takes up more than half...but i digress), so it's cool. She reads a lot or we'll have a movie on frequently and I'll be soldering away.

She also appreciates a 'good deal' in and of itself.

'wow, hon, do you know what an LA2a costs?' I built mine for a fraction.

Ric

Hmmm...you know it´s not the things you do it´s the things that you do NOT do to your woman, that makes her go crazy..;-)

Remember that, and your safe

Kind regards

Peter :grin:

I read the first couple posts of this thread to my wife, and she said (with a shit grin on her face):

"I don't mind the amount of time you spend actually building the stuff. It's the amount of time you spend on that board with your boyfriends that bothers me."

My girlfriend plays banjo, guitar, sings, so she's ok with it. Plus, I wake up at 5:30am, she wakes up at 10:00. That gives me a few hours each Saturday and Sunday morning to work on stuff.

Latest posts

Back