What happends to ACSounds?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snaper

Hi,

Can't find a better place for this question...
Anyway. I've bought a couple of DOA boards from ACSounds, payment was done, weeks ago, but no information from their side.ű
Nothing regarding shipping, etc.

Tried to mail them, no answer.
Tried to PM to Abe here, box is full.

Today checked their site, almost everything is out of the stock.

Know somebody what happends to them?

Just for clear, the base of my problem is not that 20 dollars, but I really really need those boards :D

Thanks!
PMd the guy about those boards.
Ive ordered the boards from Abe and right after that the parts...now I have parts for 6 of those doa-s:)
Need those boards :):):)

He already had trouble responding and shipping orders months ago when I ordered DOA boards. But he was very generous when I complained and he finally got back to me. He sent me double the amount of DOA boards at no added cost.

living sounds said:
He already had trouble responding and shipping orders months ago when I ordered DOA boards. But he was very generous when I complained and he finally got back to me. He sent me double the amount of DOA boards at no added cost.
How did you complained him?

I thnk it's unfortunate that he's not around anymore, his projects were in the spirit of the old place, more DIY and less kits.  But giving support for that type of thing takes time, and my guess would be it took a lot out of him, and he's playing catch-up with real life now.  Hope he comes back soon.

If you don't get your PCBs from him, you could use your parts with the GAR2520 PCBs, I'm pretty sure they are both based on the old FabioBC opamp, and gary is supposed to have corrected the problems of those old ones. 

mitsos said:
I thnk it's unfortunate that he's not around anymore, his projects were in the spirit of the old place, more DIY and less kits.  But giving support for that type of thing takes time, and my guess would be it took a lot out of him, and he's playing catch-up with real life now.  Hope he comes back soon.

If you don't get your PCBs from him, you could use your parts with the GAR2520 PCBs, I'm pretty sure they are both based on the old FabioBC opamp, and gary is supposed to have corrected the problems of those old ones.
Yes, thanks, that GAR boards are good alternatives, but the problem is that I've designed those gain-stage board for DIP8 amps, for these DOAs :S
Would be hard to "wire" those GAR bards :D

mitsos said:

Yes, his projects are great and I hope he gets things sorted out.

snaper said:
Yes, thanks, that GAR boards are good alternatives, but the problem is that I've designed those gain-stage board for DIP8 amps, for these DOAs :S

You can build adapters on veroboard, I've done it, works quite well. Not a good option if you need lot's of op amps, of course.

living sounds said:
snaper said:

You can build adapters on veroboard, I've done it, works quite well. Not a good option if you need lot's of op amps, of course.
I need 6 at least :D
All circuit designed to DIP 8, with additional space around the socket for these PCBs, etched, drilled, stuffed :D

Get the GAR2520, build them without pins.

Get 6 of these:
http://www.whistlerockaudio.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_53&products_id=116

Install headers where the DIP8 socket normally goes, and then wire your 2520 with some solid core wire or clipped off leads.

Or wait for Abe.

Maybe I didn't explain it properly.    Instead of the DIP8 you install headers UNDER that whistlerock adapter, then wire a built-up GAR2520 to the DOA holes on the adapter, using solid core wire.  Same as the veroboard idea. 

Well, after ordering a pcb without problem in january, guess what happened on the second order ?
No news from seller, even after 2 mounth.
Avoid trouble, avoid their shop. I hate doing this, but if it can save you some time/trouble...

It's unfortunate that Abe doesn't have a very good history of returning emails. I have been tempted to build a Pye compressor, and PRR176. We really need someone more reliable to stock these PCBs....

Latest posts

Back