Tool box / case?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruairioflaherty

hey all,

I'm looking for a new portable tool case.  The 20 pound (25 euro case) I bought when I got my first live sound gig 22 years ago just gave up :)

I'm looking at the Pelican?  Anything else I should be considering?  I like to carry a multimeter, iron etc so I need some space.

Thanks,
Ruairi

ruairioflaherty said:
I'm looking for a new portable tool case.  The 20 pound (25 euro case) I bought when I got my first live sound gig 22 years ago just gave up :)

I'm looking at the Pelican?  Anything else I should be considering?  I like to carry a multimeter, iron etc so I need some space.

Are you flying with the case? Do you want to carry it on or check it as luggage?

I have a Pelican 1521 for my mics that I carry on to all flights.

-a

I won't fly or need to carry on with the case but I'd like something robust nonetheless.  It will travel from my bench at home to studios with me.

I'd take a look at http://www.plattcases.com  They have every style there is.

I had something like the  689ZT. It's soft. A tool bag.  I abused that thing for years dragging it up and down subway stairs. It was very tough. No tool ever got damaged.  I easily got 15 years out of it. Most electronics techs I see in NY use soft cases. They are light and protect well enough.

Thanks Paul,

I hadn't really considered a soft case but there's no reason why it won't work for my needs.  I drive everywhere here.

I'll take a look at Platt, hadn't heard of them before.

Cheers,
Ruairi

Check out mcmelectronics, for some pelican-like cases, for much less. I don't own one yet (but I plan to get one soon) so I can't say how they compare to Pelican. 

Back