• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

**SOLD** C12 MataChung BN CK12 AMI T14 *price drop*

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MicDaddy

GDIY Supporter
$500+shipping/PayPal (or PPG) obo 
USA please or shipping will be expensive

Works in Cardiod only with Beesneez CK12 capsule
Works flawlessly with alctron capsules (every other capsule I've put in circuit works without issue)

460 donor body
Chunger c12 head basket (has some dings)
Matador pcb, mic + psu
GE 6072A from BOWIE
T14 from Oliver at AMI
Beesneez ck12

I powder painted the body of the mic it's a nice looking finish.

***CAVEAT***
I've had this microphone "working" more or less for about two years or better.  However, I have experienced strange issue after strange issue with this mic.

First, the shell, these bodies are not the best at rejecting RF/EMI... in fact they're pretty piss poor.  Beware of fluoro lighting etc.  I chased "noise" for a long time and it was proximity to fluoro ballast.

The Beesneez, is a replacement.  The first K12 I had, experienced very strange characteristics between patterns... it was sent in and returned, and from there "worked" for at least two sessions (though I'm sure I only used in cardioid for those sessions).  The most recent attempt, there was popping and sputtering and the diaphragms were seen to have been collapsing.  Fast forward, yesterday I receive a replacement ck12 from Ben.  Good on them for being so kind and understanding and prompt about helping me with my issues.  However, one side of this capsule will collapse if set up for the "front", or as set up as the "rear" with fig-8 engaged...  I give up.  The mic has the BN CK12 installed with the "good" capsule towards the working cardioid "front". 

I'll toss in some of the typical alctron donor capsules with the mic, you can swip swap them before dinking with the circuit and tell me if I'm crazy... 

Hi Ben,

I tried to send a personal message on GroupDIY, but your inbox is full.

It’s been 13 days since I paid  and I haven’t gotten tracking info?  :-\ Has the mic shipped? :)

Take care.

Jim Humphreys

Back