RF spectrum analyzer with tracking generator?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scodiddly

At work (audio company) we're wanting to bump up our RF measurement capabilities for wireless microphone stuff.

Right now we've got a couple of TTi PSA series spectrum analyzers, but something with a tracking generator for measuring performance would be very nice.  Got the go-ahead from the boss to shop for something used... but I have no idea what I'm looking for.  Something like the Rohde & Schwarz FSH 4.04 would be nice, but really we're looking for older units that would be available on the used market. 

Any suggestions?

Interesting question!

Samuel, typically "analog" FM wireless audio devices operate between 470 - 900 MHz.

In live sound, we often see Signal Hound stuff https://signalhound.com/  They have both RF analyzers and tracking generators.

Good luck and keep us posted about your findings!

Rogy

In general it would be the USA range allowed for wireless mics - so 470-698MHz.  But some manufacturers are starting to go back into VHF and other spaces, so I'm probably wanting something that can cover 100MHz - 1GHz.

Scodiddly said:
In general it would be the USA range allowed for wireless mics - so 470-698MHz.  But some manufacturers are starting to go back into VHF and other spaces, so I'm probably wanting something that can cover 100MHz - 1GHz.
Not mentioning the offers in the 2.4GHz range...(AT, Line6, Shure, AKG...)

Back