calrec PQ1549 help thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jyrki3101 said:
HI, I'm a little concerned about my standard Alpha(pcb) 16mm pots that I'm planning to use in my calrec EQ.

jyrki3101
            just use them, if they are in working order.They are good as any.

HI, I'm nearly finished with stuffing the boards on my dual calrec EQ.
But just one more question , or someones opinion about this issue.
I noticed some differencies(like some other members too) between the schematic and Pcb layouts(gyraf). A couple of 22uF el.caps and 33uF tants are reversed in the pcb layout.
SO, WHICH ONE SHOULD I FOLLOW, SCHEMATIC OR LAYOUT ???
With kind regards, jyrki3101

Howdy all.  I am modifying the 1549 slightly and have a question about the design.  I am guessing the extra 100nF caps are for power stabilization for the IC's but my question is how/where do these go.  Should I bridge them between the + and - DC pins or inline or what?  I know they have to be within 1/2" of the IC I just don't know how to put them in.

Also, seems Mouser don't have LM833's in stock.  Any place that might have 'em?

hey there,

builded mine with alpha rev-log pots. c-curve....but the scale of frequencies is expotetial.....30 to 50 hz till the middle of the pot and 50 to 450 from the middle to end....is that normal? or did they sold me linear pots?

Hi all!
I have just finished a single calrec eq. There is something wrong without a doubt. I was wondering if you guys could guide me in the right direction?
In bypass mode audio passes through just fine.
When eq is on it sounds distorted, the sound fades away and comes back.
When I enable the switch on "Lo-Mid freq" and turn the gainpot it sounds like an old MOOG or something.  :-\

You can here two recordings of the eq here: http://web.me.com/bedahenke/Stuff/stuff.html

Henrik

By the way, is this correct?
Skarmavbild%202010-10-27%20kl.%2012.06.16.jpg

What have I destroyed if I wired as mentioned above?  ???
Could that be the solution to my distortion-problem?

Have to get moving to the studio to check it out!

Henrik

Bonke said:
What have I destroyed if I wired as mentioned above?  ???
probably nothing, worst case the transformer.
Be aware, this transformer now will hate you for the next couple of days and will induce a whispering
'this guy wanted to fry me. Don't buy his records'
to every recorded track running thru connected boards. :eek: ;D

Hey guys,

sorry but I didnt find it, where can I find the Rev. 5 Layout for selfetching.

Thanks for your help.

Cromwell

rev#4 is the newest - http://www.gyraf.dk/gy_pd/calreq/calreq.pdf

If there is a #5(not sure), it might just be a slight adaptation for manufacturing..

Jakob E.

I can only post one or two lines otherwise there is an error. Maybe I have to split it up. Thats why I couldnt post my full answer.

Latest posts

Back