500 series Sontec / GML type eq

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the kind words everyone! 
The PCBs should be with me next week.  I have already have all the other metalwork.. knobs etc..  So not long now! 

Finalising the manual as we speak.. 

onlymeeee said:
Thanks for the kind words everyone! 
The PCBs should be with me next week.  I have already have all the other metalwork.. knobs etc..  So not long now! 

Finalising the manual as we speak..

That is great news. Thanks for taking the time to do this project. I guess alot of us missed the last project.

Looking forward to getting stuck into this EQ.

Best
Peter

Hey Dave,

Any idea right now on what the PCB's will cost? I will need 2 sets as I'm building one for me, and another for a friend and we're just going to rack mount this. The knobs still would be nice to get as well. I'm not sure how you're going to offer this, if it's going to end up being a kit on your site, or if you might just break everything down and let folks do a-la-carte. I hope the latter! I can't wait to start this baby and get it on my buss.

Holy cow! Can't wait to read this thread tonight!  I'm on my phone right now  from work,  whatever's going on I am 100% in !!!

tonycamp said:
Holy cow! Can't wait to read this thread tonight!  I'm on my phone right now  from work,  whatever's going on I am 100% in !!!
Ha! M8, not much to read.. 2-3 posts with info and the rest just drooling, wanting and needing :D

Not 100% on costs yet, as I prefer to wait until I have everything in and know for sure that I haven't forgotten any extra costs or anything.. but as a rough estimate..  usual kit price for metal & PCBs..  about half that price for just PCBs.. 

Yes I can do a-la-carte for those that just want certain things..  as well as the standard kits with PCBs, metalwork, knobs & coloured caps,  hardware, centre-tapped pots, polystyrene caps.. 

No sign of the DHL email yet to say the PCBs are in the van...  Will keep you informed when I get it!

I am interested in two of these.. would be cool if they were rack mount.

cheers

Wiz

Interesting project. Although, had a listen to the samples and thought the dry sound was bigger and better sounding(as a sound on it's own). The affected signal was brighter.

desol said:
Interesting project. Although, had a listen to the samples and thought the dry sound was bigger and better sounding(as a sound on it's own). The affected signal was brighter.

I must have missed the link, which samples are you talking about?

This looks like a stellar project.  Tack my name on for a pair of these when you get the deets ironed out.  My gut tells me you'll be needing to do multiple runs of this one.  ;)

desol said:

Definitely the right thread you're thinking of?  I haven't uploaded any samples  :-\

Back