500 series Sontec / GML type eq

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I know this will work.

But I wanted to know: Did anyone figure out how to use the Relay from the old BOM? Is there any possibiliy or do I have to place a new Mouser order, paying 20 Euro Shipment?

DonnieDarko said:
Yeah, I know this will work.

But I wanted to know: Did anyone figure out how to use the Relay from the old BOM? Is there any possibiliy or do I have to place a new Mouser order, paying 20 Euro Shipment?

Yes.. that´s the one being discussed..  just needs a little bend of the legs...

EDIT..  or did Mouser send you a completely wrong relay?  Can you post a pic?  If so, then they´ll rectify that mistake without charge...

Hey all, started my build and it seems I have the wrong relay as well... Not sure what the correct pin out is due to this one having five pins per side? I am sure I can make it work but wondering about which pins aren't used
Anyone???

Regarding the UPS import fees, my guess would be that some mid-level exec found a new revenue source to exploit. We recieve and pay these invoices at work, but that's because we have a large account with UPS and it's less expensive to pay the fees than to bother fighting them and risk getting our account and twice daily pickups shut off.

Most people who recieve international packages via UPS probably buy into the fear of potential impact on their credit score and don't want to deal with a principled fight over $20-30. Seems like low hanging fruit.

Sorry to sidetrack... This project looks awesome and I'm currently saving up cash to get a pair of kits. I would be interested in hearing anyone's resolution of the UPS fees matter.

No email as of yet from Omeg..  It was a bank holiday on Monday so a slightly shorter week and I guess they´ve got quite a few to make before my order..  Will let you know when I hear something...

In regards to the initial relay.. yes I used the original BOM with that relay and it´s in the pics ín the manual.  Your relay has 5 pins on each side?  Can you post a pic as I think Mouser must have made a mistake..  Which part number is on the bag/invoice?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0od26irzp3dgugs/2015-09-04%2008.01.52.jpg?dl=0

So it seems they made a mistake...I will call mouser and have them send me the correct one...is the correct part now on the BOM??

I don't think the ribbon connectors were on the BOM. Got the board mounted ones.
What's their part number?
Was mouser wrong on the relay?
My boards are completely built just waiting on the pots.
Thanks

Success!!!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
They sound great! Hard to tell if the curves are spot on but they sure work great!

Amazing work!!!  Happy mixing!!

The Omeg pots arrived and so I believe I've now emailed or messaged everyone who reserved a set..  let me know if not.. 

Did people get in touch with Mouser about the wrong relay?

Ah yes.. ribbon connectors are now on the Mouser BOM and general BOM.. 
http://www.thedonclassics.com/250eq_diy_bom.html

(But if you're not planning on another Mouser order, then any local electronics shop or eBay will have 10 way IDC female connectors)

I ordered 2 kits yesterday. I'm very excited.
I've read the manual a couple of times but can't decide how I want to power them A, B, C or D...
I have 51x racks with both 16v and 24v running at the same time.
Maybe I just don't understand how the choices would affect me...
John

Monoklang said:
I ordered 2 kits yesterday. I'm very excited.
I've read the manual a couple of times but can't decide how I want to power them A, B, C or D...
I have 51x racks with both 16v and 24v running at the same time.
Maybe I just don't understand how the choices would affect me...
John
If you only have 51X racks and don't plan on using the modules in a 16 volt only rack, you could go for all 24 volt.
That means you'll have to run D.O.A.s or I.C's that will run on 24 volt.  Theory is with the higher operating voltage, more headroom.  Another reason is if the rack is at capacity  on 16 volt already. Too many high draw 16 volt modules.
I'm in the same situation. All 51X racks except for one in a different room.  If I go all 24 volt, I can't use the modules in that room or take them to another place without 51x racks. Just might go all 16 volt.

Got kind of an issue here, the throw on the band gain is pretty much a dead on -12db, but I'm only getting about 2.5 db on full +. All my voltages are dead on.... scratching my head on this. I'm using the OPA134's as the outputs, any ideas??

JeromeMason said:
Got kind of an issue here, the throw on the band gain is pretty much a dead on -12db, but I'm only getting about 2.5 db on full.

At what level? Lover the input level. You might just clip either the EQ or the following equipment ;-)

Latest posts

Back