MS Audiotron mixer restoration.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hliimatta

I bought an old MS Audiotron Multimix mixer and now I plan to restore it.

Attachments

• IMG_2309.JPG
    IMG_2309.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 275
That is a Swedish theatre console from the 1980s. Seems to be a late version equipped with "light" input modules.

I have studied the documentation, but that was very long time ago. If you can post photos/scans of the schematic diagrams, I think I can help you. The design is quite straightforward, but there are some odd things and need for modifications if you are going to use it for music recording/mixing.

hope the project is going well!

has anyone  more info about these "light version modules"? they seem to be without line input transformer which is included in the later(?) models.  is that lundahl LL4901 on the mic input?

btw i might have some modules to trade if someone needs any. no IMC/IMQinput modules though but faders, routing and some output stuff etc.

i am also looking for the original power supply if anyone has a spare one floating around. a broken one would do, mainly wanting this for original looks.

could also use one IMC/IMQ to complete my puzzle.

I have one too! 8 IMC mic channels, 4 IPF stereo line/phono channels and 8 buses.
This console has been stored away for about 10 years so it needs some maintenance, mainly cleaning dirty pots and switches, to get it running again.
I'm also currently building a power supply which can supply the required 6 volts for the LEDs in the PMM meter modules. At the moment I'm powering the console with a slightly modified external PSU from a Midas Venice mixer.

Attachments

• IMG_20151129_201232.jpg
    IMG_20151129_201232.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 97
cool! i have understood that those led meters draw quite a lot of current.

my layout will be somewhat similar though my mixer frame has only 20 slots if i remember correctly.

IMQ/IMC for inputs, OSC for aux sends, IPF for stereo aux returns and OSD/OFS for bus outs. OMR main outs probably.

first i wanted to try and get MCA (computer controlled version) together, but haven't found enough modules.

also some other ideas in the back burner.

I've looked at some old MS Audiotron (or Kajasound, I can't remember) schematics someone posted on the internet but they've been deleted.

Helloo!

We have a MS Multimix group in facebook. Join in! Lot’s of info and history there.

Cheers, Janne

Latest posts

Back