NEVE 1073 - B cards

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JessJackson said:
amazing!

I'll get two sets once the frames are finished :-]

Cheers
Tnx,
I was really busy working on  this :
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1499883793644161&set=pcb.1488020524835270&type=3&theater
so my thread was not so active......but....in meantime I already sold first 20 frames very fast  , and hardly working on original Neve PSU.I already make a few , but now  I trying to find some practical implementation for DIY....BA358  card is finished and it is a heart of the regulator.........I don't want to sound over-hyped , but PSU for me was a biggest step in Neve sound improvement....actually I will never come back to god old LM317 :(.
About frames..... I was not satisfied with zinc plating , so I go for, not so cheap , but very nice looking nickel plating.
Here are few pictures with vintage unit, so they can be compared.Also I was surprised how similar my cards are to original 1073.
Made few sound tests .......and they are practically the same.....same looking as well.

jzf8tg.jpg

10ggy9s.jpg

eqrp0n.jpg

2h66dq9.jpg

ravachol said:
Nice one!

Any plans for a 1081-sized version?
I dont belive , I am finishing front panels for 1073, and after that maybe pcb s for some old Audix and Cadac modules.
Btw , new thing are NOS Corning resistors which will be option for b183 and b284.

Ok .....Black Friday Deals!!!! are gone :'(

1073 full set of blank pcb-s ............50 eur
1073 full set ...populated , and tested (without inductors).....some original Corning resistors , tropical fish etc........350 eur
Pultec case made from 2mm aluminium (hammerite finish) with front panel (high gloss colour), and filter can ............140 eur
API 2520 type of opamps (I will post pictures tomorow , but you can se some unfinished on the bottom) , populated and tested including 325 type pcb .....ideal for eqp1 gain stage...................................only 50 eur for set , or 30 eur for opamp

Those prices will be valid only until the end of this week ;)

qsr1xh.jpg

2dje7wl.jpg

29ehhn6.jpg

5ujygo.jpg

6jq2a9.jpg

168v1hw.jpg

2i74xhs.jpg

Pultec cases are for original topology as you can see on my units , and I can accommodate some holes depending on transformers which you want to use.

Any progress on the 1073 front panel? Would love to see it!

Also, could you explain the back panel you've created? Couple switches and XLR in/out. Why have all that interface? Why does it differ so greatly to the original?

Congrats on all your hard work!

daltonday said:
Any progress on the 1073 front panel? Would love to see it!

Also, could you explain the back panel you've created? Couple switches and XLR in/out. Why have all that interface? Why does it differ so greatly to the original?

Congrats on all your hard work!
Tnx for nice words , I am extremely busy with few commercial products as
http://bbird-audio.com/BBird-2-x73.html , they get much bigger attention from studio owners that I was prepared off , so now there are almost no time for DIY stuff .I hope that I will be able to keep alive stuff that is offered to DIY community.
About frame.......those xlr and other small holes are added because of possibility to have functional devices without separate rack housing.It means that you can add in and out xlr , power connectors , impedance switch .....and with external PSU .......you are on the road.

Cheers

Sorry Guys  :'( :'( :'(,
shop is closing .We start commercial production , so there is not possibility to sell parts for DIY, but I am shure that you will find your way of DIY ing Neve stuff....it is rely not that big deal.
I will take last orders until  march 1th , and that is all folks.
There is only stuffed Neve cards available .

For any info , please contact me on
[email protected]

sasarist said:
shop is closing .We start commercial production , so there is not possibility to sell parts for DIY, but I am shure that you will find your way of DIY ing Neve stuff....it is rely not that big deal.

[email protected]

it is the "commercial production" available on the market ?

Hello!
Check here)
http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=62494.msg791990#msg791990

r2d2 said:
sasarist said:

[email protected]

it is the "commercial production" available on the market ?

Back