STA-Level type case to suit Bernbrue's PCB's - Feeler and Forum input * PICS *

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Steve,
it's looking fantastic!  8)

The color is more like the original Gates, isn't it?
I personally would prefer the grey of the Retro, but anyway: This is great work! :)

Looking forward to the silkscreen print and cutouts!

Cheers!

Hi Chaps,
Right, I've got the front panel design details done, with hole cutouts and silkscreen info passed on to my suppliers.
regarding the rear panel hole data, what is the general thought on what is needed ?
For example - The cases I'm going to get for myself will have holes and cutouts to suit my type of power transformer
http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=59744.0

I'll be also having a cutout for an IEC type connector, Sowter I/O transformers, XLR I/O & link jack ( all Neutrik D type ), balance pot and Cal switch.

Regarding the case and the PCB mountings - I'm a bit undecided yet, as to what to offer, there are two options -
1. countersunk M3 holes ( to use standard PCB pillars) or,
2. PEMsert pillars.

What do you think guys ?

Best,
Steve

Preliminary prices so far,
( these are not concrete yet, but a very good ballpark figure)

If one to five people want the powdercoated, silkscreened, punched ready to go cases, then we are looking at around £200 each.
if ten to twenty people want the powdercoated, silkscreened, punched ready to go cases, then we are looking at around £180 each.
if twenty plus people want the powdercoated, silkscreened, punched ready to go cases, then we are looking at around £150 each !!!
All prices will be excluding VAT (if applicable).  Paypal and shipping fees will be added on top after I know your postal location.

I should have the finished prototype back within the next four weeks, then we are ready to go :)
Let me know what you think, and we can get this a' moving !

Best,
Steve

Hi Chaps,

Here's the Amended case - Holes and PSU guard now added. I've still got to place the mounting holes for the PSU PCB's, but hopefully I'll get a chance to do that this evening.

The rear holes are for Sowter I/O, my Power Transformer, Neutrik D cutouts for I/O and link, Calibration pot and switch.
Still welcome for any other input !

I'll upload the Silkscreen front mockup the next day or two - I got to alter the positioning a little :)

Bernd, I'll drop you a line a bit later ;)

Best,
Steve

Here's the front silkscreen info Chaps,
I have moved the meter up by 10mm since this version though !

Bit of a cheeky one this ;)

Bernd, I'm going to do a test fit this evening to make sure of the IEC inlet.Thanks for the heads up :)

Best,
Steve

Latest posts

Back