DirtyPCB board house

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niketouille

Hi guys,
I am about to order some board from them and wanted to know if anyone already try them.
Here is the link :
http://dirtypcbs.com/
It is 25$ 10x10cm x 10 board double sided including shipping.

I've gotten a couple of projects done there.  Quality is very good for the price.  The registration on the soldermask and silkscreen have been a little bit off, but not enough that it was a problem.  Recommended.

For prototypes they are awesome. I know the guys there... It's basically a not for profit, they act as a bridge between you and a taobao supplier.

Do they only do square PCB's? 

I like the price, and I understand the desire to want to keep every order the same size so they can v-score the panels, but it also means that it's twice the layout work for me between doing a prototype panel and the real deal.

I ordered some prototypes here (DOA PCBs):
http://www.pcbway.com

Same price, the site is a little bit more transparent in my opinion.

Will let you know how they come out.

Ordered about 30 different PCB's at www.itead.com all fine.
Price increase for things over 10x10cm is quite steep.

Got my package this morning, well I got to say I am amazed. 12 boards, pretty good quality, all looks good exepted one inside cut out. that seems a little off. For 25€$ the 12 boards delivered within a month, I can't really complain !!!

I'm waiting on my first order from the dirty boys...  They say it shipped yesterday from HK airmail and to allow 1-8+ weeks.  ::) ::) That's a pretty slow airplane, I don't think they can go that slow and remain up in the air. 

I had an issue with my gerbers... my antique version of eagle (4.03) outputs gerbers with different file extensions than they were looking for, and their website update function didn't seem to work, but i was able to email re-named gerbers to a human and the order got processed.

price is silly cheap ($14), and seems too good to be true, so I will report back when my boards finally arrive. This looks like a good resource for prototypes and DIY. 

JR

Most of that 8 weeks is waiting for an empty box to ship in.
Or going by sea?

I always use the China DHL with them. It's still silly cheap.

Rochey said:
Most of that 8 weeks is waiting for an empty box to ship in.
Or going by sea?

I always use the China DHL with them. It's still silly cheap.

If it's shipping by sea they shouldn't call it air mail... I suspect the 8+ weeks is to allow for customs delays etc. The orders probably get bundled into common destinations, but still get shipped by air(?).  I am optimistic it will arrive in less than a couple months, but have no recourse if takes that long. Other than to whine a lot.

Yes a crazy good price, and depending on my experience this time i may pay up for faster shipping next time if i place future orders.  I've had non air shipping from China only take a few weeks.

JR

i've had quite a few orders from them by now.

Frankly speaking - for prototypes they are awesome.
For ramp production... their silkscreen could do a little work. not sure I'd use them for my next batch of Turbo's.

/R

Oops,,, looks like I messed up the footprint for the mosfet I built. Pitch should be 1.5mm and I put them on 1mm spacing.

Looks like I can't use all these spare boards.

Maybe someone can use them as guitar picks.

JR

PS: Good news it was only $14 but I don't know about the 3 week air mail lag. Faster shipping will cost more than the boards. 

Attachments

• out_pix.JPG
    out_pix.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 100
just received my second order... This time I paid extra for shipping from Singapore.. still took 3 weeks so no apparent benefit between singapore and hong kong shipping.

JR

Maybe try http://www.pcbway.com/ with DHL shipping option. I had 100 boards made - 3cm x 3cm for $66us including DHL shipping. Hard to beat that.

I found they are faster. My last order was made on the 19th and I received it on the 25th. And I even placed my order on a Saturday - it was already processing by the afternoon.

not as cheap as dirtypcb's, but they are very close in price and the speed difference is worth it.

Humner said:
Maybe try http://www.pcbway.com/ with DHL shipping option. I had 100 boards made - 3cm x 3cm for $66us including DHL shipping. Hard to beat that.

I found they are faster. My last order was made on the 19th and I received it on the 25th. And I even placed my order on a Saturday - it was already processing by the afternoon.

not as cheap as dirtypcb's, but they are very close in price and the speed difference is worth it.
Dirty offers DHL as an option I am just too cheap to use it...  :p

JR

Latest posts

Back