DirtyPCB board house

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rochey said:
i guess if you pay the dinero's, even in china, you can buy someone who gives a sh*t. :)
High quality or low does not track linearly with cost, but if you shop based purely on cost you asking to find a vendor too cheap to be acceptable quality.

The chinese machined tool base was thousands of dollars cheaper than if we used US machining, but the guy I worked through had done it before and the chinese vendors were motivated to keep him (not me) happy.

I know of several horror stories where small companies get burned on one-off container load orders. One guy I know of, ended up with a container full of guitars he couldn't sell. He should have known better, but gambled on a big pay off.

JR

I have the holes sorted and got it working...  but I am already changing the design again.  :eek: :eek: :eek:  Maybe it's because the prototype PCBs are so cheap. :-\

JR

Attachments

• P1010150.JPG
    P1010150.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 42
I must be Dirty PCBs best customer in Hickory, MS...  ;D

As has happened several times so far,,, this last batch of PCB was different from data files... The hole size for the 4 leads that I use to connect the tester to the plug housing etc were undersize again.

Last batch I got I was able to use small square wire pins (clipped from a header). This time they didn't fit and I had to use resistor leads. 

I am still generally pleased for cheap prototypes, but these guys are not up to production repeatability. (hole sizes matter).

Just hand popped 4 of my latest version at 28 each or over 100 tiny ass SMD parts... :eek:  I have to use two layers of magnification just to see the parts, and a third lens in series to see the cathode marking on small diodes. (I'm too old for this stuff).

But the sucker works , and my input impedance is now off scale >550M @ 500V.

JR

Attachments

• RPBG_trim.png
    RPBG_trim.png
    200.4 KB · Views: 28
Sorry to hear that JR.  I too, am a 'very dirty customer'  ;D  I put the sticker on my fridge (that consequently just died and needs replacing).

I've had decent results from them, but sometimes the PCB edges are not perfect.  I'd say 1 out of 20 tend to get rejected.

Unfortunately due to all the issues in China as of late, I've switched to Silver Circuits based out of Malaysia.

Back