Build Thread:MSHOL

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried it with the Ne5532/34 but it's still the same. I would tend to say that the difference in level comes from the compression... adjusting the level by turning the threshold sounds more similar than by using the output gain. But still it seems to me like one channel also sounds a bit better.

Jonas05 said:
I tried it with the Ne5532/34 but it's still the same. I would tend to say that the difference in level comes from the compression... adjusting the level by turning the threshold sounds more similar than by using the output gain. But still it seems to me like one channel also sounds a bit better.

Are you the same person I had asking for assistance by mail?

Did you make sure to check the wiring of the mode-switch? I can be wired wrong, so it  doesnt do MS/split or link, but rather MS, MS+link and link.

Gustav

Gustav said:
Are you the same person I had asking for assistance by mail?

Did you make sure to check the wiring of the mode-switch? I can be wired wrong, so it  doesnt do MS/split or link, but rather MS, MS+link and link.

Gustav

We mailed maybe two years ago about some of your borads but not right now. I have the old HOL boards, not the M/S version.
So I guess I will compare the two channes and track a sine wave and see where it starts to lose level.

Hi ! I have problem with a MSHOL i built for a friend. It goes crazy (including vu-meters) about ten minutes after switched on, and I don't know where this can come from. I tested it at home during one hour, no problem, but in his studio it does the  same sh.t (It worked fine during one month...)
Logically seems to be something getting too hot inside it, could it come from the PSU ? What VA value could you recommend me ? The one inside is a Velleman 15VA.
Same problem with a W492 I built for him too, seems that some 5532 burnt, despite the pcbgrinder PSU board... I'm quite lost, not sure his domestic current is stable...

Hope you can help me !

Hello everyone,

I have just completed building the MSHOL unit. Everything looks promising, all supply / IC voltages are correct and the unit passes audio. Now all I need to do is calibrate it. Does anyone have a calibration guide available? Not sure how to set the trimmer next to the Vactrol. Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated. Had a look around and cannot seem to find anything.

Hi all, a while back I bought a set of MSHOL boards from Gustav when he was winding down PCBGrinder. Since then I've started putting together a BoM for my own use (to augment the one Gustav provided). It's a work in progress but I thought it might be useful for others. Here it is:

Back