Fletcher's Offer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indeed. We at PSW would love to host your forum. The bandwidth you guys require is typically pretty expensive, but we have all our servers sitting on the backbone with huge bandwidth.

Looks like you guys have a good thing here, but if the bandwidth issue rears it's ugly head it could get expensive in a hurry.

Whatever you guys need, we're here for you. If you decide to stay here, that's fine, but as admin with Fletcher at REP, I can say we'd love to have you guys with us.

We already ha\ve a TechTalk forum essentially built, in fact, with it's own private HTML pages and FTP upload and that will move forward.

Either way, I'll be here as I dig you guys...

Here's the original post that I put up on RO...

We have server space over at ProSoundWeb.com [lots of it] so you brothers won't be slowin' down anything... we can set a couple of you up as moderators, offer you access to the "live chat", 24/7 tech support in case anything gets flakey with the server.

We can grab whatever threads you guys would like to have put into downloadable HTML so you can grab it at any time [in other words your intellectual property is your intellectual property].

So... if you want the space, email me at [email protected] and we'll have it up and running for you within an hour... not a problem.

Yes!
Cool Fletcher!
And thanks for that 670 schematic you swent me three years ago!

We need a backup plan incase something like this happens again.
So Brad and Fletcher, you guys rock!
And we need to back everything up once in a while.
Any volunteers!
We have a lot of talented people here, so I know that will be easy.
cj

Now this is a very cool offer. I can't judge anything as far as all this web traffic goes but it's just a good feeling seeing such well respected people jump in offering us TT members help when we really need it.

Cheers to both of you. Take your pick: :guinness: or :sam:

Flo

[quote author="Infernal_Death"]Now this is a very cool offer...[/quote]Yes, very nice, indeed. Thanks guys!

[quote author="Peter Knight"]Wouldn't that clash with John Klett's forum?[/quote]
Not really - JK's forum isn't really about DIY issues - it's more about tech issues run into in the normal day to day working of a studio...

Why is it I always seem to show up right after Brad... at least I'm a few hours behind this time.

I just want to wish you guys the best of luck here!! The offer will stay on the table so if you get into "bandwidth overage" issues or don't feel like keeping up with the maintenance... just let us know and you're on.

As for this competeing with R/E/P, specifically Klett's forum... Brad covered that. My only addition to his comments will be that as I saw the discussions here about setting up "group buy" forums, "buy/sell/trade" forums, "PCB/part exhange" forums etc. I thought the best way to go might be to set up a whole new section [not R/E/P, not MARSH, but something entirely different, something like this (hell if the software is compatable, moving the whole shootin' match as is] for y'all to go about your business.

This is a very cool community and would be a loss the audio world if it disappeared... Brad, myself, and the management at PSW feel that kind of loss need not happen, so we're more than happy to help you guys out however we can.

Again... best of luck to this forum... but if you run into any serious struggles, know that a "backup plan" is already in place for you.

Peace.

Ditto to the other sentiments, it's a very generous offer from PSW.

Cheers :guinness:

Justin

Thank you Fletcher.

I think I speak for all here when I say that we really appreciate your generous offer.

And having stable and experienced people like you as a backup plan is a very important boost to our confidence in this experiment. There is no doubt that your forums are one of the few serious players in this game.

Thanks again for your support in this difficult time

Jakob Erland

Brad,

It's because of this forum that I ended up getting in in touch with you, and got to meet Chris J. (in Skycraft of all places!!!) -This is indeed a very productive, inspiring and seminal organisation. the calibre of folks here is wonderful.

I found this place throgh Scenaria, but also after Klett's forum. I love it here; it's like a favourite bar, :guinness: and I'm the one who always falls off the stool! :wink:

Fletcher,

Jakob just called you 'stable'... I wouldn't stand for that! :guinness: :wink:

Keith

[quote author="Fletcher"]...I just want to wish you guys the best of luck here!! [/quote]Thanks again, and PLEASE visit often!!

Yes,

Thanks for the support-

It's cool to feel that level of community out there,

Especially when you find yourself "out on 'yer arse"

:green:

Cheers!

Mark

[quote author="Mark Burnley"]

It's cool to feel that level of community out there[/quote]

If there isn't a level of community... then we're all really screwed. Things seem to really be going very nicely here!! My best wishes for continued success... and if there is ever anything that I or PSW can do to be of assistance, just ask and the help is there.

Peace

The sentiment is mutual here. What a great resource this forum is! I love being able to learn about any audio topic instantly! I no longer have any need for my television.

Why would Brad and Fletcher be so interested in moving this site into the ProAudioWeb? mmmmmmm? :shock:

Latest posts

Back