diy valvular conole... is just a dream for a newbie?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pol

INTRO: hi folks, i am absolutly new in these artesanals activities, but i have been reading your inspiring progresses and i have a crazy dream... i am a pa sound engineer, and i wonder if i can built my own console.
i want to start very slowly, but i want to start. i was thinking i can make single channel strips (the idea is to use these stand alone until the next step), and later put all together on a furniture, then buy some faders, the master section and a nice lava lamp, hehe.

HELP: well, my post here is if you can recomend me some valvular channel strip diy project that i can use on a console, i dont know yet what characteristics i have to take care of, but my focus is on quality. maybe i can get a couple of lundhall transformers, so if you can recommend me any project, count on that please.

END: this is my first post and i hope i can contribute with the forum. Chay!!

A DIY console would only be workable if you restricted it to a few, no more than 6 or 8 channels. The scale of the project would be enormous even then, even if you bought a modest quality console just to use for the metalwork and panels, and built new guts for it, it would be a monster of a job. Better to build nice freestanding preamps and compressors and rack them up.

Latest posts

Back