Please Help GroupDIY if you are able...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ethan

Administrator
Admin
For the past several weeks, you may have noticed some periodic downtime. Our server has been getting an increasing flood of attacks/hack attempts and it has become clear that we will have to upgrade some hardware (backup storage redundancy, firewall) as well as get a security audit/consult which will cost $2500—sadly, while I have difficulty asking for help, I don’t have that kind of cash to plunk down to get the job done. If you are able to help, no amount is too small, please make a PayPal donation to:
[email protected]

Interesting fact:
GroupDIY is the same age as Facebook (11 years).

[This message will self-destruct when we reach our goal. Thank you!]

Ethan have you reviewed services like https://www.cloudflare.com/ who sell the whole security shebang as a service?

Ethan said:
For the past several weeks, you may have noticed some periodic downtime. Our server has been getting an increasing flood of attacks/hack attempts and it has become clear that we will have to upgrade some hardware (backup storage redundancy, firewall) as well as get a security audit/consult which will cost $2500—sadly, while I have difficulty asking for help, I don’t have that kind of cash to plunk down to get the job done. If you are able to help, no amount is too small, please make a PayPal donation to:
[email protected]

Interesting fact:
GroupDIY is the same age as Facebook (11 years).

[This message will self-destruct when we reach our goal. Thank you!]

I don't use PayPay but my bank offers a way to send money via email -- is the address above valid for that?

-a

Just sent 25$ ,
a little less to go ,
Best,
Dan,

Thank you so much to everyone helping out!
@ Tmuikku, yes CloudFront is a good service but doesn't quite fit our needs. Since I don't use any of their integrated control panels, I'd have to build a controller to interface with their API.  As a DIY-er ;) I don't mind writing code, but having to use their API also means periodic updates to their API that could break things, and I like having as few dependencies as possible.

@ Andy Peters, I've never tried it but from what I understand it should work. Thanks!

Felt good to donate to my favourite forum. Don't see myself joining Facebook in the future...  ;)

Cheers
//Magnus

> make this thread a sticky

Being no fool, Ethan put
hot_post_sticky.gif
next to the thread on the Brewery thread-list. That means it is "pinned" and will not fall down the page as new topics are posted.

Sent, will send more again Friday (payday) if still needed.

The education I've recieved from this forum is insanely valuable, it's nice to have a chance to give something back.

I get so much valuable advice from this group it'd be downright immoral not to contribute to its upkeep.

$25 donated. I even did it via Paypal - that's how important this place is!

edit - please keep  us abreast of the situation, Ethan. Have you thought of introducing a subscription? It could be voluntary, not compulsory (although some might argue for the latter, with justified reason). I'm sure it's been discussed before. If you subscribe, you get an email once a year, with a link making it easy to donate. 

Latest posts

Back