Aputis M49 body kit

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andriejus

03-th.jpg

01-th.jpg

IMG_0033-th.jpg

Hi all,

I would like you to present my M49 project which I've been developing with the help of Dany Bouchard (poctop). It was started almost at the same time with my U47 bodies, but the final and approved prototype was finished a few weeks ago. The body is designed to fit Dany's pcb D-49 perfectly.

Here are some 3D render files:

FEATURES-vi.jpg

comb-vi.jpg

02-vi.jpg

The kit includes:

1. Tefflon pad for transformer deck
2. Spacers
3. Tefflon pad for component deck
4. Plastic enclosure for capsule holder
5. 7 pin (plated with gold) connector
6. Brass body parts with the 3 layer mesh (the same as in original)
7. Red jewel
8. Wooden box from ash
9. Screws

Kit does not include pcbs, capsule holder, capsule and other electronic components.

Together with the M49 body I've designed a M49 yoke mount. Will upload 3D render later. This will be as a choice for you but will cost additionally.

The body parts are made from nickel plated brass and are the highest quality. All measures are taken from orginal M49 with tolerances off  0,1 mm. Everything is made in EU.

Available custom choices:

1. Polished or satin nickel headbasket;
2. Polished or beadblasted connector
3. Color for wood box - dark cherry, natural lacquered wood, wallnut or black
4. Logo plate - silver or gold, custom logo/text or default
5. Not sure about this at the moment, but hope you will have a choice for jewel color - red or grey

Final price is 419 eur (with paypal charges).
Shipping varies from 10 to 20 eur - depends on your location.

Its a costly project and I will not be able to do it by myself so certain number of buyers must be achieved. Those who are willing to make a full prepayment will  be added to the list. Please contact me only via e-mail - [email protected]

Current status:

Prototype confirmed
Quality confirmed
Stamp frame for mesh ordered and will be finished in 4-7 weeks.

Hard to predict the lead time, but after the stamp frame for mesh is done all other production will be done in 2-4 weeks.

Also please check the pictures of the prototype:
IMG_8284-vi.jpg

IMG_8289-vi.jpg

IMG_8281-vi.jpg

IMG_8282-vi.jpg

IMG_8277-vi.jpg

IMG_8290-vi.jpg

IMG_8278-vi.jpg

IMG_8279-vi.jpg

IMG_8291-vi.jpg

Kind regards,
Andrew

Also forgot to mention that there will be a rubber ring inside the diameter of body tube. This ring will give a soft touch between plastic enclosure and brass body tube. Not must but more PRO :)

Kind regards,
Andrew

This looks absolutely fantastic!
With much love of detail - and I love that!  ;)
Let me know when you are accepting orders (=put me on a list) - I'll take one, maybe if I can afford even a second one, but 1 for sure!

Keep it up!
Martin

Hi all,

Recognize what is this?

glassjewelryred189-th.jpg

glassjewelrywhite197-th.jpg

imgo2-th.jpg

However I not happy wioth the quality, so will ask machinist to make some new samples...

Kind regards,
Andrew

Hi all,

Thanks again for a great interest in this project. Today I've received fully assembled and wired prototype from Dany Buochard (big thanks for him for a very nice job). Will post pictures soon.

Also stamp frame for headbasket was started to manufacture. Should be finished during September.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Jimy,

Sorry for all delays, but I wanted everything to be perfect so it took much time of waiting. You will receive them very soon.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I'm interested in your M49 yoke mount. Will you sell this separately from the kit? I already have an M49 body from Flea but need a good mount...

Thanks, and if you know cost,  and when it will be available, that would be helpful...

Mike

Hi,

Yes it will be able to get it separately. Don't have the price yet. Will post here when its ready.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Will that form both sides at once out of a piece of mesh? Will  you cut the material in half to form two halves?

It's nice to see the project progressing.

Very smart to form both sides at once. That's how Neumann does it.  Looking forward to se a finished prototype. Then I will order two bodies. Keep up the good work!

Hi  all,

Here is a short build pictorial (big thanks to Dany  Bouchard) of M49 prototype. to show how everything fits the pcb and so on.

P.S. I used ugly brass spacers, but they will be changed to nice looking ones :)

IMG_1098-th.jpg

IMG_1188-th.jpg

Teflon pad for second deck:

IMG_1191-th.jpg

Both decks:

IMG_1196-th.jpg

IMG_1205-th.jpg

IMG_1214-th.jpg

IMG_1224-th.jpg

IMG_1229-th.jpg

IMG_1238-th.jpg

IMG_1232-th.jpg

Kind regards,
Andrew

This looks great! Can't tell if you've left a hole for adjusting the trimmer on the top PCB? I had to adjust mine quite a few times...

Latest posts

Back