portable valve mixer enclosure type recomendation (RCA OP-6; Collins 12Z, etc.)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creature.of.habit

Hi everyone,

i was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a company doing or capable of doing old style non-rackmount enclosures, relatively compact, with handles on top, such as the ones used for the RCA OP-6, Collins line of portable valve mixers and similar devices.

Regarding space, it has to be able to fit a Drip LA-2A pcb inside and the faceplate must be able to accommodate two 2" knobs and a big Weston VU meter.

I've tried frontpanels.de but they can't do this type of thing. Hammond has some interesting things but none is exactly what i'm looking for, and i've also looked a lot on ebay for old military surplus stuff, but again, nothing is ever exactly right. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Define "exactly right", such as the dimensions of the Drip board (and whatever else it requires), the dimensions of the required knobs and meter.  Odds are that someone makes a correctly sized box which can have handles added by you "after the fact".

Bri

Hello Brian, and sorry for not replying earlier, i somehow missed that anyone had replied to my thread. I'm attaching photos of the pcb, vu and knobs with a ruler. Thanks again in advance for any views on this.

Attachments

• IMG_4866.JPG
    IMG_4866.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 26

Latest posts

Back