Best DSP with Starter Kit? (TMS320C6713)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Habibi

Hi all,

I am looking at getting the http://www.ti.com/tool/tmdsdsk6713 DSP kit. Having only working on GPUs before I am not sure if there are better options than this.

Anyone out there have any experience with this one? Any thing better out there?

Many thanks

Charlie

Hi Charlie,

I believe you need to sketch your needs and your programming skills a little better to get some valid feedback.
you can get entry level DSP like the Analog SIGMA range like the ones used by MiniDSP. Midrange Analog SHARC DSP would be an option for more complex systems. the software environment is much more powerful and will get you much further. Your suggested DSP board looks like a full blown DSP, do you need that punch for your projects?

cheers,

Michael

Thanks Michael,

I have been working with a friend on various signal processing systems, mainly pro-audio related and mainly on single board computers, like the BeagleBone. What we would like to do is step it up to a DSP (or FPGA possibly), whilst the speed of the GPU is good for a lot of our tasks we also want to put together a hardware synth which will need a DSP (I am assuming from research I have done).

We are experienced with C/C++, Java and a little VHDL, also happy to learn anything new if needed.

Thanks for any advice

Back