CHEAP!RE V3 "Updated"

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Buddy,

Would be interested to here how it sounds without the transformers.

I have been meaning the make up a 2503 part for eagle for a while now.
I believe the layer 46 - Milling is what you want for the transformer slot. I think you can use the dimension layer 20 as well.

Cheers,
Ben

benqbasic said:
Hey Buddy,

Would be interested to here how it sounds without the transformers.

I have been meaning the make up a 2503 part for eagle for a while now.
I believe the layer 46 - Milling is what you want for the transformer slot. I think you can use the dimension layer 20 as well.

Cheers,
Ben

Thanks for advice but still no luck.I can't see slot in 3D view.Maybe i sould tell pcbhouse.

abbey road d enfer said:
Note that when you use an output transformer, you need to feed it with the lowest possible impedance and make sure theer is no DC current. You may want to trim DC offset of the DOA.

If i use transformer,i won't install other output components.It will close to original design.Sould i add DC offset control?If i have to add,how do you suggest?

ForthMonkey said:
abbey road d enfer said:
Note that when you use an output transformer, you need to feed it with the lowest possible impedance and make sure theer is no DC current. You may want to trim DC offset of the DOA.

If i use transformer,i won't install other output components.It will close to original design.Sould i add DC offset control?If i have to add,how do you suggest?
Inject DC in the inverting input via a 1Meg resistor. Use a 100k trimmer between + and - rails.

abbey road d enfer said:
ForthMonkey said:
abbey road d enfer said:

Inject DC in the inverting input via a 1Meg resistor. Use a 100k trimmer between + and - rails.

Thanks for advice.I was looking for dc offset circuits.Now i added trimmer and resistor.Is this ok?

L492BV.png

ForthMonkey said:
Thanks for advice.I was looking for dc offset circuits.Now i added trimmer and resistor.Is this ok?
Correct. Now I would make the circuit a little more complicated, just to make sure it does not introduce noise..

Attachments

• offset trim.jpg
    offset trim.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 59
abbey road d enfer said:
ForthMonkey said:
Correct. Now I would make the circuit a little more complicated, just to make sure it does not introduce noise..

Thank you so much! I will uptade circuit.

Updated first post.Added components for DC offset.

Still no idea about cutting inside of PCB to fit transformer.

abbey road d enfer said:
ForthMonkey said:
Updated first post.Added components for DC offset.

Still no idea about cutting inside of PCB to fit transformer.
Just draw the cut-out in layer 46 (it generally works even in layer 20).

I did but i can't see cut out with any 3D viewer.I want to be sure before send project to board house.I gues i will ask that can they do it for me.I will show where have to bu cutted out.

I use layer 20 and use the "tname" layer with the words "cut out" in the rectangle to be removed.  This has worked every time so far with 1 US and 2 Chinese board houses.
YMMV
Best,
Bruno2000

bruno2000 said:
I use layer 20 and use the "tname" layer with the words "cut out" in the rectangle to be removed.  This has worked every time so far with 1 US and 2 Chinese board houses.
YMMV
Best,
Bruno2000

Thanks for idea Bruno2000.

You meant this?

DRn7Oo.png

ForthMonkey said:
bruno2000 said:
YMMV
Best,
Bruno2000

Thanks for idea Bruno2000.

You meant this?

DRn7Oo.png

My text size is a lot larger, but yes, that's the idea.
Also, make sure that the inner rectangle is drawn in layer 20 as well.
Best,
Bruno2000

Thanks bruno200,i will try your method.

By the way i will order PCBs but for now i have to wait.Cause moving new home...

Last update!

I added LL1578/XL and LL5402 options.And Gain Switch.All RG resistors will be soldered to bottom.

Removed 2503 cut out.It's usable with L-Bracket.Or i can fit it like it has cut out.Transformer will stay on board.

By the way i was thinking to make PCBs for this but for now i have no time and money to build this.I'm sharing gerber & self etch files.

Back