Cheap 19" rack faceplates?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundsactive

I've got a few projects I'm working on and I'm looking for a good, fairly cheap, place to get a few one off face plates made for some rack gear and amps. Most of them are going to be covered by veneer, so the finish isn't a really big deal. I'm familiar with FPE, just was hoping there was something a little cheaper that you all recommend. I found a site that had really cheap stuff for almost any color but I completely forgot to bookmark and now I can't find it. eep!

Thanks!

I can recommend frank's service at http://www.frontpanels.de. Nice guy and front panels are way cheaper than FPE (at least if you are located in europe i think)
I remember he also accepts other file types like corel draw or ps..

Also frontpanel.de

Frank is a very nice guy who responds quickly and he has a high level of understanding of DIY projects.

He accepts all kind of drawings as long as you can give measures and such. Fast and fairly cheap within Europe.

/John

It looks a bit overkill, but I've been asking for quotes to get a full sheet (2000*1000*3mm) of aluminium (5005 alloy) cutted in 2 HE 19" pannels and the price per unit is very nice. You have to add anodising or the finish you preffer, but anyway it's unbeatable.

You could always sell a few of them in BM to recover some money and bring cheap pannels to the comunity if 44 pannels are too much for your needs

Frank definitely has no problems shipping to the US, I get custom made stuff from him all the time (when I need the expert touch that is)
If you have a little skill with svg and dxf software theres frontpanelpros.
Here is a feature they did on my 1u 1176 rev d
http://frontpanelpros.com/front-panel-pros-projects/omnia-audio/
In the end I saved a little bit more than fpd since they treat the whole piece as one text object unlike fpd which adds every scale, letter and dot.
I'm actually expecting some stuff from Frank anyday now. I know its gonna be great.

there was this site, i can't remember or find it for the life of me, that had super cheap blank faceplates that you could get in literally any color. i don't know if they did any drilling or now, but the blanks were stupid cheap.

Latest posts

Back