API 525 compressor

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt that a 2503 would fit directly unless Peter has made allowances for it. From memory I think the 2503 is slightly bigger. I have some 2623-4 (the one for the 525) and an original 2503, I will do some measuring later and post.

Meanwhile have a look at the API transformer doc on www.danalexanderaudio.com - it has lots of info on these models.

cheers,
Ruairi

Gents,
The 2503 will not fit on the board, but no reason you can't mount it off board. Fine if you're not doing the 500 kit. Just use three windings.

The specs on the 2623 are 3 identical 75 OHM windings, probably trifilar wound. Look at the schematic to see how it's wired up.

peter

Excellent follow-up info. I have 2503's on hand but I do not have any 2623's. I'll just order up some Sowter's if they fit (which they probably do). I ain't gonna' go running around trying to buy 2623's from knuckleheads who think they're wound with gold. Good output trannies cost less than $50. USD. DW.

Back