gyraf

Re: First engraving trials
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2015, 04:11:38 AM »
Thanks, Toff - I have been circling around the CNCGraf for a while, not yet being courageous enough to skip my known-working S4-system.

Those Baumer My-Com switches sure are expensive (!!) but nice. Do you have any suggestion for a not-quite-so-expensive, but-relatively-precise route that I could go for testing the system irl?

Jakob E.
..note to self: don't let Harman run your company..

toffifee

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2015, 12:56:49 PM »
Do you have any suggestion for a not-quite-so-expensive, but-relatively-precise route that I could go for testing the system irl?
Jakob E.

I think every micro switch, which is at least of decent quality - for example a Marquardt switch - would do the trick.  I have sent a PM to keep this thread clean.

Cheers, Christoph

dirtyhanfri

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2015, 04:22:51 PM »
I've been playing with the mill today, a front pannel for a GSSL compresor, quite happy with the results, 1'5mm two flute bit with 0,4mm depth pass for the cuts and 0'4mm 30° for the engraving, 0'15mm depth.

It's 5050 aluminium
Working on it...

andre tchmil

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2019, 06:47:03 AM »
I think every micro switch, which is at least of decent quality - for example a Marquardt switch - would do the trick.  I have sent a PM to keep this thread clean.

Cheers, Christoph

interesting .
Jakob , did you ever tried with the microswitches or such ?

gyraf

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2019, 11:35:29 AM »
No, I must confess that I haven't had the guts to move away from the already-working-but-very-slow system that I got...

Jakob E.
..note to self: don't let Harman run your company..