First engraving trials

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Toff - I have been circling around the CNCGraf for a while, not yet being courageous enough to skip my known-working S4-system.

Those Baumer My-Com switches sure are expensive (!!) but nice. Do you have any suggestion for a not-quite-so-expensive, but-relatively-precise route that I could go for testing the system irl?

Jakob E.

gyraf said:
Do you have any suggestion for a not-quite-so-expensive, but-relatively-precise route that I could go for testing the system irl?
Jakob E.

I think every micro switch, which is at least of decent quality - for example a Marquardt switch - would do the trick.  I have sent a PM to keep this thread clean.

Cheers, Christoph

I've been playing with the mill today, a front pannel for a GSSL compresor, quite happy with the results, 1'5mm two flute bit with 0,4mm depth pass for the cuts and 0'4mm 30° for the engraving, 0'15mm depth.

It's 5050 aluminium

Attachments

• IMG_20151222_221722-768x858.jpg
    IMG_20151222_221722-768x858.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 107
toffifee said:
I think every micro switch, which is at least of decent quality - for example a Marquardt switch - would do the trick.  I have sent a PM to keep this thread clean.

Cheers, Christoph

interesting .
Jakob , did you ever tried with the microswitches or such ?

it is a  Baumer high precision limit switch ,  micron accuracy :)
the black thread is a safety stop to not damage the switch if something goes wrong.

I still had to play with the action of the  end stop by the time I made the video but all is working excellent now.
My engravings are supper smooth.

Latest posts

Back