Feeler: Chinese K47/CK12 Capsule Groupbuy

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Order when we reach minimum quantities, or move ahead with K47 only?

• K47 only

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • Wait for CK12

Votes: 33 43.4%
  • Don't mind either way

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters

Banzai

--- GROUPBUY CLOSED ---

Wanted to first see if there was a genuine interest in organising this, and then to see what the best way would be to go about it. The initial problem I was thinking of was whether we should establish a limit? i.e. you have to take 4 capsules minimum per order to simplify and speed up the delivery and shipping.

That  would be key to making it easier to process everyone's order and lower the number of Paypal payments received, and the number of shipments to be packed and sent. If we can agree on that, I see no reason why we couldn't run this thing permanently.

And crucially, I want to stress this entire thing will be probono: whatever the capsules cost out of the factory plus shipping, that's what you'll pay. Everyone obviously covers their own Paypal fees, so I imagine the total shipped & delivered cost for 4 capsules would be around $/€ 130-140. That's pretty much what online shops are charging for a single...

Capsule prices excl. all shipping costs:
CK12 – CHF 28.80
K47 - CHF 27.50

Order status:
300x K47
200x CK12

Payment status:
Kooma
Lampas
ln76d
Khron
s2udio
Arkenberg
Deepdark
Ericbazaar
DjaiTeam
wolan42
fsalter
maq3396
felixskw
forzasalva
hawkmoon
homero.leal
MagnetoSound
vizcities
ghiatorino
shot
ding
Anj_Wallace
SoundOfRolf
micro1_de
bruno2000
0dbfs
buckethead
craig
Fenix511
benqbasic
andybaker28
dmp
Ampampam
59flame
CBR
Category5
afdobbert
moomilk
Vinylwall
midwayfair
seancook
Winetree
tuvanh25
Haberdasher
Wallybob
Ylinjohto
stascotto
Rasta3
RuudNL
Upacesky
Benstager
Strick9
julien31
Nikbeat
Will F
Rossi
onday
K1TTENM1TTEN
Sredna
Bomper
Le Roux
ArR
lp1000
tonzauber
chefducuisine
SteveB
liric0116
dab0815
timeye
Lucer
berl
metropolys
jbox
jockl
Gyan
Vetsen
erikcolvin
Timothytitus88
Majestic12

Not to throw my n00b-ness into relief here, but what capsule styles are we talking about here?  And what's the quality control factor?

*feels painfully aware of his Forum Freshman Syndrome*

All the usual capsules sold in online DIY shops, we can get the same ones (K47, 67, 87, CK12 types). Examples attached.

As there's no profit, there would be no additional quality control after the capsules leave the factory, and no warranty of any kind. Whether that alone is worth an extra $70-$80 per capsule, everyone would have to decide for themselves.

Nothing noob about the questions either; you've touched on the inherent risk of a Groupbuy combined with paying the absolute lowest price...

vizcities said:
Not to throw my n00b-ness into relief here, but what capsule styles are we talking about here?  And what's the quality control factor?

*feels painfully aware of his Forum Freshman Syndrome*

Attachments

• capsule types.jpg
    capsule types.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 475
OK, color me intrigued - I love an inexpensive mic and I'm a gambling man.  A few more Qs, though: Have you used these?  What DIY shops carry similar capsules?  Do you have specs for each?

Microphone-parts.com etc...

We'd get them from the same factories, same capsules, same quality.

vizcities said:
OK, color me intrigued - I love an inexpensive mic and I'm a gambling man.  A few more Qs, though: Have you used these?  What DIY shops carry similar capsules?  Do you have specs for each?

The factory will depend on which capsule we go for. The K47 copy is actually the easiest one to get (my favourite is from Shuai-Yin). If everyone takes 4pcs, we only need 25 people interested to place the first order.

If we want to take several types of capsules, we'll need a lot more (min 100 capsules per type).

ln76d said:
Who is the manufacturer?
Is there option for K47 copy?

We can definitely do the K47 and CK12 style capsules together if we reach 200pcs total. But if there's only enough interest for 100pcs total, we'll just have to try and drive a really hard bargain.

I imagine that can be done, with these factories much more open to negotiate on quantities than on pricing.

kooma said:
interested!
best for me would be something like 2*k47 and 2*ck12/K87,
but I could go for 4*K47

Okay, looks like best bet is to go for the K47 only. We'll get a small order in as a test run, and see how it all goes.

Need a total of 25 * 4 and we're good!

Switzerland. For the EU I'll drive into France and send from there to avoid any and all charges.

Upacesky said:
OK, I might take 4. Where are you located?

Are their K47's really decent? It's not possible to see them on their homepage. If they sound alright I might be interested in 2-4.

Latest posts

Back