THE ULTIMATE Mic-PSU chassis - VINTAGE NEUMANN STYLE discussion thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi rainton,

I´m in for two of these beautiful looking Neumann inspirated PSU cases for my upcoming build of two M49s with aputis body.
When will they be completed ?
Since I´m in southern Germany as well (Bietigheim-Bissingen, BaWü), it´s only a short way to go.

Happy New Year
Best
Manfred.

Hi rainton,

it feels we´re getting close to 50 already, so when will you start ?

I would like to give my 2 cents to the specifics:

No holes in the dividing panel needed for me. One can easily drill themselves by dremel or similar machinery.
Mounting bracket for trim pot is very handy to have, so is the hole in the front to adjust the voltage trim without opening the case. Then the holes in the bottom for banana jacks are handy too.
A second mounting hole for another pot in the dividing panel is nice.

What I find difficult to judge is, whether one would really need all the holes for power tranny, pcb, choke
and adjustment pots. Too specific, I prefer one model suited for more than one build. And hey, we´are DIY, at least a little bit !?

A happy new year to you,  maybe there are even more outside, waiting to order ?

Best
Manfred.

flatresponse said:
Hi rainton,

it feels we´re getting close to 50 already, so when will you start ?

I would like to give my 2 cents to the specifics:

No holes in the dividing panel needed for me. One can easily drill themselves by dremel or similar machinery.
Mounting bracket for trim pot is very handy to have, so is the hole in the front to adjust the voltage trim without opening the case. Then the holes in the bottom for banana jacks are handy too.
A second mounting hole for another pot in the dividing panel is nice.

What I find difficult to judge is, whether one would really need all the holes for power tranny, pcb, choke
and adjustment pots. Too specific, I prefer one model suited for more than one build. And hey, we´are DIY, at least a little bit !?

A happy new year to you,  maybe there are even more outside, waiting to order ?

Best
Manfred.

Sorry guys I was on vacation with my family :)
Happy new year everybody!

Well I see we have over 40 units already!! Wow!
The thing is that the manufacturer will be closed for christmas holidays  until Jan 11th - so I would just wait until then and then come back to all of you with ordering details.

What I'd really like to know though. Some of you want the holes for the pcb etc. and some don't.
We could do like 25 with holes and the rest without?

Does anybody here have the mounting dimensions for the following PSU pcbs:

- M 49
- C 12
- U 67
- Elam250/251

If I include the holes and cutouts - I would like to do it for all of the above mentioned + the U47, so everybody can use the PSU chassis. It should be suitable for different mic models.
And I get the point about leaving some DIY to you - but believe me it was so much fun to just put the PSU together (when I built the prototype for a MK-U47) without having to do all the extra drilling.
But hey - this is a feeler, so whatever you guys want, we can try to find a way  if there's enough people wanting it :)

Hi rainton,

as for all the PSU PCBs there are two, that will be hard to get into a tight chassis like yours:
The C12 and ELAM 251 PSU design is mainly based on modifying the chinese TP100-PSU.
The U67 PSU I have is a modification of the above mentioned  TP100 as well.

I could take the time on thursday measuring the dimensions of the C12 PSU, which I suppose is identical to the ELAM 251.
What I have as well is the zayance U47 PSU PCB.

And the M49 PSU is just ordered, will take some time.
And I still have 2 mic&mod U47 PCBs lying around, could take the dimensions of them as well.

I must admit, it sometimes is fun to just assemble fitting parts without having to drill here and dremel there.
So if you would have a PSU case fitting the M49 PCB, I would go for the benefit.

Best
Manfred.

Great work! I'm interested in one, for a 47 build. Please add me to the list!

I think you should keep the exclusive look of the prototype.

I can supply all info regarding my psu Pcb if this worthed
D67
Elam251
D49
269c
D12
D47
Def47
Etc...
Pm  me and we will touch base
Best dan

Ok great news everyone!

Poctop offered me to send me all different kinds of mic PSU pcbs he has in stock, so I can measure them and make the chassis compatible with as many different mic PSUs as possible!

I will open the preorder today, so everyone of you wanted to be on the list will receive a message from me soon.

Once I collected all the funds it'll take approx. 4 weeks until  I have the finished PSU chassis here.

The standard chassis will have the holes and cutouts to fit as many projects as possible - definitely the U47, M49, U67 and the M269. I'm not sure yet about the C12 and the ELA M 250...we'll see when I received Dany's pcbs :)

But I consider to have a certain number of dividing panels with no cutouts at all if there's enough requests...

Sorry but i'll have to come off the case list for now.
Building fet 49's instead of valve versions so i won't need the PSU's.
Sorry..

If it's not too late, I'll take 4 cases - shipping to USA.
My understanding from the thread is the cost per case is 105 euro and shipping for 4 cases to the US will be 40 euros?

Latest posts

Back