THE ULTIMATE Mic-PSU chassis - VINTAGE NEUMANN STYLE discussion thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry guys it takes me a little longer than expected to send out all the payment details - more than 30 people from all over the world ordered more than 50 cases and I created a large spreadsheet to enter all necessary information so I don't get anything mixed up.
I still haven't heard back from 5 people who wanted to be a part of the group buy. I assume they don't hang out on GDIY everyday so it might probably take a couple of days until they see my message.

Anyway, from the rest of you I gathered all information I need to calculate the total for each and everyone of you, so I'll definitely start to send out the payment details soon :)

Martin

GREAT NEWS EVERYBODY!!

I just got Dany's pcbs in - and forwarded them right to my friend's CAD.
Our measurements clearly show that indeed:

WE CAN MAKE THE CHASSIS FIT ALL THE PCBs!!!
Even the M251 and C12! :)

That means the chassis will be ultimately plug & play with all of Poctops pcbs and the latest revision of Zayance's MK-U47 and MK 47!  ;D

rainton said:
GREAT NEWS EVERYBODY!!

I just got Dany's pcbs in - and forwarded them right to my friend's CAD.
Our measurements clearly show that indeed:

WE CAN MAKE THE CHASSIS FIT ALL THE PCBs!!!
Even the M251 and C12! :)

That means the chassis will be ultimately plug & play with all of Poctops pcbs and the latest revision of Zayance's MK-U47 and MK 47!  ;D

Hey! these are great news, I want 2 if it's not too late :)

Thanks

Ok,
All but one group buy member have paid and I will place the order to have the Mic PSU chassis manufactured on Monday!  :)

From now it should take 3-4 weeks until they're done.

Let the journey begin  8)

Folks,

the chassis is ordered.
I think it'll be awesome. We took some time last week to tweak our final layout in the CAD, so the production version will be able to hold all different parts and components necessary for all mics mentioned before.
It allows for mounting the smaller choke needed for the U47, the bigger choke needed for the M49 and others, the additional 20VAC transformer from Poctop's M49 etc. BOM  and even the 2nd adjustment pot necessary for the U67 incl. a very cool option to measure the voltage from outside - similar to the first voltage pot (that was already there in the first prototype).

It was quite a challenge to fit in all the footprints of all of Poctop's pcbs as well as Zayance's pcb while still fitting in all cutouts, holes, etc. for the other components. I hope it will work the way we expect it but we'll only know 100% for sure if all possible mic models were built with this PSU chassis ;)

Up to now I really think this one deserves to name "the ULTIMATE Mic-PSU chassis"  8)

Another problem we had which we tried to solve as smooth as possible was the pattern switch. Some mics such as the MK-U47 don't need the pattern switch on the PSU, others do.
But neither did we want all PSU chassis to have a gaping hole on one side when no pattern switch is needed, nor did we want those who need it to fumble around, measure around where to drill a hole, so it's centered etc...
What we came up with is a tiny hole of 0.5mm on one side that will (hopefully) pretty much disappear underneath the varnish from outside, but from inside it will be clearly visible.
So, in case you need a pattern switch you just need to enlarge this hole with a 10mm (.4 inch) drill and voilà - you have your hole exactly in the right spot  :D

anyway I'll keep you posted!
Martin

Good news everybody!

The enclosures are expected to be here by the end of this week!
We had a slight delay because the color I wanted was not available for industrial production.
Especially not for powder coating.

So I chose a slightly brighter hammer finish - you probably won't notice the difference anyway  ;D
But this slowed me down a little.

Anyway I heard back from the manufacturer that the powder coated chassis should be ready this week!
I'm excited :)

I'll keep you posted!
Martin

Latest posts

Back