Problem with recording chain

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dacapitan

When I patch my EZ1073 into my Drip La2A  all the low end disapears but when I just use the 1073 or LA2A in isolation it is fine - this it how it is setup DAW -> DAC -> EZ1073 Line In -> OUT -> LA2A IN -> OUT -> ADC -> DAW.  All using balanced cables and balanced patch bay.

I think its a balanced/unbalanced problem? but I thought they were all balanced inputs and outputs?

If the low end disappears you're going "single-legged" - in other words,  one leg of the balanced line is being lost

Nick Froome

pvision said:
If the low end disappears you're going "single-legged" - in other words,  one leg of the balanced line is being lost

Hi Nick,

Thanks for replying.

Any idea of what may be the cause of this, because they work fine in isolation just not when chained?

Thanks,

Nick Froome

If the low end loss is "subtle" (~100 Hz) it might be an impedance matching problem (LA input is too much load for the EZ)

If the low end loss is quite bad (~1kHz) it probably is a wiring problem. Check the interconnection between them. Are both of them balanced? Are the pins 2 and 3 properly connected between both of them? (if XLR or equivalent if not) Isn't any of them open? Shielding connection shouldn't be a problem like this so I wouldn't pay much attention at first.

JS

check all cables !
yeah, sounds silly, but ...

also check the patch bay connections !
I had the same problem a few days ago and I  wiggled one patch cable and return of the bass.

Back