EagleCAD rectanglular pad?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirty1_1garry

Hi!
I need to create a pad with  rectangle hole instead of pad with  standard round hole for toggle switch. Any info how it's possible to make in EagleCAD?)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-03 at 19.46.02.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-03 at 19.46.02.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 20
Do you need a pad rectngle pad like DIL packages but with rectangle hole?
Is it for toggle switches with wire mounting pins (non PCB)?
If so, you can use testpads, they're bigger than typical DIL pad, but you will need to drill a bigger hole.
I didn't found "rectangle hole" anywhere in eagle.

Attachments

• testpad.png
    testpad.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 10
Here is what I need , for example - edge connector.
I create it using  line with pad layer. But then, when I move it to creating "device", package don't have an active pads...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-03 at 19.08.47.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-03 at 19.08.47.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 24
ln76d said:
Still didn't found, testpads are probably to big.
Why not use round?

For toggle swithes -Ok.
But it's impossible to use round pad for edge connector, holes will be too close to each others

did you checked edge connectors in eagle?
You can use round via with thin line, should fit.

dirty1_1garry said:
Hi!
I need to create a pad with  rectangle hole instead of pad with  standard round hole for toggle switch. Any info how it's possible to make in EagleCAD?)
You need to create the hole in the "Milling" layer, the one that permits cut-outs; IIRC it's layer 41. You may use a standard pad and add these manually or want to create the complete pad and save it as a device.
You may have some issues with DRC check, but you can ignore them.

Maybe Im missing something obvious, but per the picture you uploaded, shapes like that are routed, just remember to specify it as a pre-fab routing when exporting the gerber.

Gustav

As finally I realise my task as creating component with long smd pin on both sides and a long rounded hole on it. As a next step I just talked with manager of pcb fabric and ask can they make that type of pin with internal metallization. I've got an answer - yes:)

Back