• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Furman RV2 Spring Reverb, Ampeg B15 clone, pics and info in first post

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim50hertz

Furman RV2 Stereo Spring reverb.  Recapped and good and quiet as these things go. £450 plus shipping

Ampeg B15 Clone built for me by Vyse  amps.  Head only.

Only selling as I have another similar amp incoming and need to free up some funds.

Top quality parts throughout.  Sylvania preamp valves from Watford valves.  Matched triodes in the Pi position.  Jupiter tone caps etc.  £600

Here are some pics

I should say this amp is based on this one

http://ctgelectronic...--fcn-51-b.html

It's mainly PTP with one small turret board.  It's cathode bias and fixed bias, switchable. EQ on one channel is pre the preamp and on the other is post.  It's missing the top boost currently but has switchable pots should you choose to add it (IIRC it's one cap to ground).  I've never felt the need of it personally.

Has two speaker outs 4,8 and 16ohm switchable impedance and a preamp out. External bias pot.

Lots of sounds to get your teeth into and the amp is very quiet.  This amp is massively versatile.  It reminds me of a 5E3 in the sense of having a massive range of tones with minimum  controls.  Bump and grind on tap as you wind it up.  The baxendall EQ is lovely.

I have a guy here at http://www.hoffnine.co.uk/
who will build a head cab if you'd like that done pre sale (cost of this on top). 

It's just the head I'm afraid as I'd like to hang onto the cab at the moment.

The cab was built using plans purchased from Mark Gandenbeeger of Vintage Blue who builds the Heritage B15 cabs.  I can pass on Mark's details if you'd like.  He's a very cool guy.

Barry Vyse who built the amp worked for Marconi/Osram back in the day.  He knows his stuff.

Some pics

Did you ever sell these???
Govinda

Jim50hertz said:
For sale are 2 x V72 preamps, built, tested and working. These are from the group but a couple of years ago, info here.
Quality parts throughout, Sowter transformers, 2 x matched pairs of Valvo EF80, wimas, dales etc.
Case is a high quality steel one from TheDonAudio.  I haven't fabbed a front panel as I like the bare panel but the new owner could.

Channel 2 has some induced noise from proximity to the toroid (I was considering a mu-metal shielding solution or moving it out of the case) and the wiring needs tidied up but other than this they work and sound great.

So there we have it, a few wee jobs to take care of but the heavy lifting has been done.

I'm raising funds for a soprano sax so this has to go.

£800 plus shipping.

Pics a bit later.

Cheers

Jim

Back