Drip Sta-level documentation

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zjcc56

GDIY Supporter
Vermilion, Ohio.... Near Sandusky Yes there's an a
hello all.

So I recently bought a drip sta-level pcb off the black market and before I had a chance to get all the documentation off the drip site, it was taken down and is nowhere to be found. I emailed drip about a month (or two?) ago and was told it would be put up soon. Alas it is still not up. I have emailed again last week and no response so instead of harassing someone who is probably super busy already, I turn to you! I have the schematic from somewhere else around here but I'm looking for the bom and the release mod and anything else for both the big version and the micro version, I vaguely remember both having valuable information to build it

Any help would be great!

Thanks!!

Zjcc56 said:
now i need to figure out how to adjust the balance pot (r41)
any suggestions?

As you can see it uses between pins 8 of 6V6 tubes. This pot control an equal voltage on both cathodes of tubes. So measure voltage and adjust pot until you get voltage as close to each others as possible.

The dual sta docs are out there as well as the micro.... I can't tell if there were any docs for the STA pcb  that came after the micro but, there is a bom... Hopefully someone has something for you....here's a link to the bom (which is pretty detailed with schematics and explanations ) for the sta pcb...and some other other stuff from that point in time...

https://web.archive.org/web/20131022205621/http://dripelectronics.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=30&Itemid=57

Here is the Guide and BOM. I had to separate it into two parts (due to file size).

Attached here is Part 1.

Attachments

• DRIP Sta-Level Guide - Part 1.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 37
scott2000 said:
I wonder if Gregory would have an issue with having a dedicated Drip technical docs section....

I also have the manuals for the 175 (Ver 1 and 2) and the 660. I noticed these contained some building tips and original circuit references not found in some of the other manuals.

Caveat: I don't know how much he did or didn't provide support.

But at some point, I assumed the extremely-detailed drawings found in these may be one of the reasons why others have said he didn't provide much support. So I referred to these often.

The file sizes are too large to attach here: 175 ver1 is 8.12 MB, and the 660 is 5.48 MB.

Back