Russian DIY suppliyers??? Knobs/meters/front panels needed

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ilya

Any russians here?!
If so can you help me?
It's not a problem to get some general stuff, but do you know if there are any kind of companies like par-metal or panelExpress? All I can find is a manufacturer of 19'' cases (about 60$ per piece). And are there any stylish knobs/meters available (just don't like native ones - look UGLY :evil: )

Yeah, there're also some distributors in Moscow. But I can't say Elfa is cheap, you know :wink:

[quote author="Ilya"]Any russians here?!
[/quote]

Yes, I know two.... One lives in Israel (IJR), and I live in US. Besides, it seems, there are few of Russian descent.
After 8.5 years, this summer I am going to visit Moscow and Piter again. I knew the cities quite well about 15 years ago, when I lived there. Do you know any good electronic stores there? Any stores with second hand recording equpment, esp. microphones? Once, there was one on Neglinnaya and another around Pochtampt. Where is a baraholka now?

Sorry, not much of help.

There's a good radioshack called Chip'n'Dip. Plenty of stuff there. And I don't know of any 'barakholkas' :grin:. Just not into that sort of things. There'are also some other good shops. I can tell you if you need it.
$hit! Why is it so expensive to order from Europ/America?!?! :twisted:

[quote author="Ilya"]There's a good radioshack called Chip'n'Dip. Plenty of stuff there. And I don't know of any 'barakholkas' :grin:. Just not into that sort of things. There'are also some other good shops. I can tell you if you need it.
[/quote]

In 80s in Moscow there was an electronic barakholka, you could find anything and everything for cheap--enclosures, parts, equipment, etc.

I am less interested in parts stores, but more with recording equipment, in particular old Russian microphones. If you know any good place, which sells this kinda stuff please let me know.

$hit! Why is it so expensive to order from Europ/America?!?!

Everything here is expensive. Plus shipping.... :roll:
Have you tried ebay?

I'm going to give it a try, but you know, that f@ck'n custom-house can be a real problem :cry: .
And I know only about a Mitino-radiobazar, I was there, it's awful.

Latest posts

Back