Soundtracs M-R Series Meters Not Working

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coxysworld64

Hello All-

I am the proud owner of a Soundtracs M-R Series 24 channel mixer that I use in my home studio. For the most part I haven't had any problems and I have received a lot of compliments on the unique sound that is produced with it. My only issue is that the level meters do not respond on either recording  or playback unless you use one of the groups. I've learned to live without but would really like it if they worked especially when setting levels. Right now its all a chess match. The L-R Master works fine as well as the Solo meter. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

The meters probably work fine, but will most likely only  monitor level of the tape return inputs.

You can test this by plugging one of your DAW's line outs to the tape return inputs and see if it reacts.

I just ready through a MRX brochure I have in my schematics/documentation folders and the MRX(not sure how similar to the MR it is) and it says the tape returns are normalised to the line inputs.

That means connections made to the tape returns go directly to the line inputs. So you should plug your DAW's line outs into the tape returns and the meters will then function.

The only thing you wont get is a chance to monitor mic inputs.

Latest posts

Back