Stereo motor faders

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zander

Hi,

Does anybody know which consoles used touch sensitive motorised faders with dual audio tapers (stereo) and one servo track?
Something like P+G PGFM3222/D ? I can't seem to find any console which used these? Or any other manufacturers who can make these faders?

Best,

Zander

moamps said:
They say "Output channels-Servo only"

that's for the 3200 series

the 3222 Zander talk about is a 3000 series, P&G is little confusing with ref number here with second digit "2"  for 104mm stroke, last two digit "22" is stereo log taper.

Zam

zamproject said:
moamps said:
They say "Output channels-Servo only"
that's for the 3200 series
the 3222 Zander talk about is a 3000 series, P&G is little confusing with ref number here with second digit "2"  for 104mm stroke, last two digit "22" is stereo log taper.
Zam

Hi asked for"motorized dual audio tapers (stereo) and one servo track", so please point me to this type (PGFM3222) on P&G site. As I said earlier, I believe there is no enough place in 3xxx body for two audio and one servo tracks.  But  maybe I'm wrong.

moamps said:
Hi asked for"motorized dual audio tapers (stereo) and one servo track", so please point me to this type (PGFM3222) on P&G site. As I said earlier, I believe there is no enough place in 3xxx body for two audio and one servo tracks.  But  maybe I'm wrong.

I sent you an email this morning with a link to the datasheet.

Zander said:
moamps said:

I sent you an email this morning with a link to the datasheet.

Sorry, I didn't saw it. Thank you very much. But, how to configure there a fader to be dual audio and servo?

moamps said:
Sorry, I didn't saw it. Thank you very much. But, how to configure there a fader to be dual audio and servo?

At PGFM3000 data sheet
3 for the series, 2 for "104 stroke", 22 for "stereo log audio taper"
->3222

Best
Zam

zamproject said:
moamps said:
At PGFM3000 data sheet
3 for the series, 2 for "104 stroke", 22 for "stereo log audio taper"
->3222
Best
Zam

Thanks.
Does it have servo track included? Is motorized fader always equipped with servo track?
What's difference in designation between a fader with and without servo track?
The pdf file in link Zander sent to me was for discontinued products. Recent pdf file for PGFM 3000 doesn't show any other law except servo.

moamps said:
Thanks.
Does it have servo track included? Is motorized fader always equipped with servo track?
What's difference in designation between a fader with and without servo track?
The pdf file in link Zander sent to me was for discontinued products. Recent pdf file for PGFM 3000 doesn't show any other law except servo.

yes it have servo, and yes you need servo to know your fader position :)

At 3000 series the servo only is 3x00, x=0  for 60 mm stroke and 2 for 104mm
At 3200 series you have no choices, servo only ref 3200 (100mm stroke)

3000 is discontinued product as you said, unfortunately it's the only stereo audio log + servo we know around

Best
Zam

zamproject said:
3000 is discontinued product as you said, unfortunately it's the only stereo audio log + servo we know around

Thank you so much for explanation. I'm very curious how this one (PGFM3222) is internally assembled. I have tried to find any picture or detailed datasheet of it but without success. 

Okay the faders do exist. Did anybody came across one or know of any console they were used in?

Zander

I know this is a old post...But I came across this looking for a spare... This fader is Used in Uptown 990 automation systems from the late 1990,s.....
Mine is a stereo fader  PGFM3222/D    spec# D460432/4      It has a motor,pcb and is a dual track ( stereo fader )
This fader is mounted in my Trident 80B...But it is used in many consoles fitted with Uptown 990. Neve,Neotek etc.......
Hope this helps.......

Latest posts

Back