G-1176 g.r. negative voltage problem

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankoPanko

Hi!
I have a strange problem on my G1176 compressor. The negative voltage of G. R. sections are relatively quick change by increasing the input signal, resulting in a deviation G. R. meters before really compressor exceeds the threshold of compression. I checked all voltages, component and PCB. Everything looks ok, but when G. R. meter should respond, vu meter is already at -20 dB of reduction although it calibrated like ten G1176 I have successfully done before. The only difference in the voltages at the emitters of transistors Q4 and Q15, which are 1V lower than normal voltage.
Does anyone have any idea?  Thanks!  :(

Bowie said:
Threads like these invariably get directed toward the main thread so I'll go ahead and be the one that does it this time.  The good thing about putting it in the main thread is that it makes a sort of database that people can search and browse in the future (check out the "smart search" and try it out in the main thread).

http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=646.msg780470#msg780470

Back