Gyraf Pultec Inductors

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I am curious about the Cinemag inductors too as I was planning on using these for my build.

If it's like any of their other stuff, it should be bang-on! :green:

[quote author="RogerFoote"]What differences can I expect between these Fastron inductors compared to Sowter or Cinemag?[/quote]

Possibly higher DC resistance, hence a lower Q value. They might also saturate easier, but probably not an issue in a HF equalizer.

alo
just saw the fastron pdf that dave put here,but i don`t see a 100mhz inductor.
sorry if i`m missing something.
any way,in europe,maybe rs it`s the source for the tokos.just trying to figure out the correct part number for the pultec.
best regards
pedro

where is that cool audio sample version of this subject which had downloadable comparrisons?
I never did get to listen to that. Would love to hear it now.
Thanks anybody.

cj

I found the Fastron inductors at Mouser, though they seem like a different line. they have a low DCR, 19.5 for the 22mH, max current of 21mA on the same piece. I am assuming that these are pretty similar as the ones Dave was talking about. Any opinions about these?
Ian

Another inductor question. In Jakob's schematic the inductors are wired series, so then the inductance at "Hi boost" point one of the switch would be 269mH, cumulative total of the 2 100mH, 47mh, and 22mh inductors? Doing the simple resonant freq with said caps and inductors i got 2.2k, 2.8k, 3.5k, 7.4k, 13k, and 18.7k. I plan on finetuning the caps a bit as i get closer (money for the in-out trannies currently lacking) but just wanted to make sure the math and my understanding of the circuit flow was correct.
Ian

the inductors are wired series, so then the inductance at "Hi boost" point one of the switch would be 269mH, cumulative total of the 2 100mH, 47mh, and 22mh inductors?

Yes. And your freqs are right.

http://www.hookah.dk/1176/peqhifreq.JPG

Jakob E.

Back