Questions about NTP 179-400 racking / wiring

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musika

I've got these limiters that I'd like to rack mount.

They are NTP 197-400 Type E.

The specs say use a broad type DIN connector for Type E.  I'm not sure which type DIN this means.

Do these connectors have mating pins I could buy or do they only allow for direct solder?  Also they say that the rows are connected, so does this mean I could stagger the wires that I solder (either row)?   

I also see that it needs +/-24V... does the screen connect to the power supply (0V) ?

Can someone help?

Attachments

• IMG_6941.jpg
    IMG_6941.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 44
The manual says 22-32VDC.  This is NOT bipolar.  Connect the 0V to -Vcc. 

Connectors are available from https://www.vintagetools.de/Other/Connectors-Accessoirs/

Did you per chance rewire the controls to the front panel?  I've seen racked versions where they done this with new BCD switches. 

I cut the front rack panel to fit the NTP faceplate, then used two rotary switches per channel for the two release time switches.  I believe they offered the first 3 or 4 time constants of each as the really long times did not seem useful for my client.

Many thanks for your input on this.... especially the voltage stuff as I was confused on that.  After all that's most important.  Sent an email to make sure I order the correct female connectors.  My plan was to combine the hex switches for both channels and only use two on the front panel.  I may rethink that now. 

Interrested in rack a pair of those, anyone can help other then asking Watson to do it. Musika did you succeeded?

Back