FEELER: Cinemag S217D transformer group buy, CLOSED!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainton

Hey guys,

forum member Deepdark made me aware David @ Cinemag is now offering an authentic replacement for the unobtainable Pultec EQP-1A output transformer - the Peerless S217D.

I talked to David and indeed  he went to great lengths to fully recreate this gem.
He told me he invested a lot of time and money to trace the tooling etc. and to be able to make the L12 laminations to  original specifications.
In terms of core size, material, lams etc. it's electronically 100% true to the original.
The only difference he said was the potting material, varnish, distance of the mounting studs and - because he's doing only small runs the tranny will have lead wires coming out of it instead of the terminal board present on the Peerless.

He sent me a mechanical drawing of the CM-16402 which he said was identical in terms of look and size from the outside:

2mo2xiv.jpg

So I think this is the closest we can get in terms of sound and looks without spending a fortune on an original Peerless S217D.

One CM S217D is 220$

But if we buy more than 11 the price goes down to 180$ ea.

This is a feeler for a possible group buy of these fine Pultec OT replacements.
Lead time would be 4 to 5 weeks

I would take one :D

I thought this might be especially interesting now that I finished my authentic Pultec EQP-1A chassis and I just started another group buy for it here:

http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=62061.0

For those also interested in the chassis it would be possible to ship the transformer along with the chassis to save on shipping ;)

Well, anyway let's see if we can get enough people together :)

List of all group buy members:

Floti (2) PAID
Quayhog (2)PAID
Shaker-her PAID
kosi (2) PAID
LeRoux (2) PAID
Craig  PAID
bancho (2) PAID
SimonDemon (2) PAID
jpharaoh (2) PAID
fishdrop PAID
Murdock (2)PAID
59flame (2) PAID
dissonantstring PAID
rainton (2) PAID

bruno2000 said:
What quantity would be the next price break?
Probably in for 2, maybe more......
Best,
Bruno2000

The next price break is 50 pcs.  :p

I don't know what the price per unit will be then.

I just haven't asked yet because I thought that was a number not to be reached anyway...

Hey guys,
Just wanted to let you know that I got in touch with david about the 50-99 pieces price.
It's 171.76$ ea. So not even 9 $ less than our 11-49 price which is 180.34$

We're counting 18 pcs. So far, so I'd suggest we keep this feeler open for let's say another 2 weeks and then place the order.
But I think it doesn't make sense to wait months until we're at 50pcs just to save some 8 bucks ea.

I'd rather do another group buy later...

I'll try to kind of sync this group buy with my pultec chassis group buy

I'm in for one.  But for those in the US can we get it mailed directly to individuals or is there a point person in the US?  Thanks for organizing this group buy rainton!
Best,
Grant

Back