What´s up with audiomaintenance.com?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jensenmann

Does anybody know what´s the current state with audiomaintenance.com? I tried to contact them through their homepage with questions regarding ordering and got no reply. Weeks later I ordered through their webshop and didn´t get any response, too, though I have an user account. Hopefully everything´s fine with Colin....

I ordered last week (10.03) 4 transformers and Carnhills via his webshop and he responded after 2 hours.
I also had a question, which he answered directly.
Have you checked your spam folder ?

We have lots of problems with sending/receiving email.

Any email addresses ending with @att.com and @bellsouth.com never go through and get rejected by the email provider as spam.... they are just the two which I can think of right now... there are more for certain (gmx.de & comcast.com ?).

I used to fill in the form from bellsouth and att but it has never made any difference so I no longer bother.

The on-line store usually always works fine, but the same applies to the emails that it automatically sends.

We also get a very large amount of spam emails (about 200 each day)... so emails sometimes get deleted with those.

It is very frustrating for us when people order and want to pay by proforma.... we send out the proforma and it gets rejected by the customer's email provider.

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Colin,

I get similar problems with my ISP. I regularly get messages returned with the reason that my ISP is blocked and it is usually by the same ISPs as you are having trouble with. When this happens I reply to the customer using my gmail account. It is a pain but it works.

Cheers

ian

I think the answer is to move email host to one that is more responsive with dealing with email issues

The big ISPs don't have the time or will to deal with email issues like this in a timely manner

You don't have to host your email with your ISP or with your web hosting provider but, obviously, it's easier if you have one company doing everything

Nick Froome

This kind of thing usually happens when you are on a shared hosting server ( shared IP address ).
Someone else on the server with the same IP has either been hacked,  or has lots of spam originating from the same IP.
ISPs then block the IP address.

A solution:  use a dedicated IP address for your server.
Make sure there all mail scripts in your site software are secure, and not accessible to be hijacked to send spam. (and up to date)
Change all your passwords.

Slenderchap said:
We have lots of problems with sending/receiving email.

Any email addresses ending with @att.com and @bellsouth.com never go through and get rejected by the email provider as spam.... they are just the two which I can think of right now... there are more for certain (gmx.de & comcast.com ?).

I used to fill in the form from bellsouth and att but it has never made any difference so I no longer bother.

The on-line store usually always works fine, but the same applies to the emails that it automatically sends.

We also get a very large amount of spam emails (about 200 each day)... so emails sometimes get deleted with those.

It is very frustrating for us when people order and want to pay by proforma.... we send out the proforma and it gets rejected by the customer's email provider.

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

tried to pm you ,
no success… 
pm say blocked ,
any info about ?
thanks

Latest posts

Back