Intermittent groupDIY connection

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffrecords

For he last couple of days I can only connect to groupDIY intermittently. For long periods I get an unable to connect to this web site message. Other sites work fine at these times. Anyone else had this problem? I am in the UK.

Cheers

Ian

Yeah, got me goose bumps. "Can read the favourite forum, nooooooo! What will I do, what will I do?? "

Did you try cleaning the contacts?

If not that, you might have to open it up and see if you've got a loose wire or a bad solder connection.

As always, start with the power supply, and work your way from there.

;D

I checked yesterday using one of those "is it just down for me or is it down for everyone" websites and it said it was down for everyone. Server not responding.

ruffrecords said:
I just heard from someone in OZ who had the same problem so it now looks like a world wide thing.

Cheers

Ian
It's most likely localized in the physical server as PRR surmised.  I'm sure Ethan will share if there is something worth sharing. I'm not going to ask him.

This discussion after it is working again reminds me of the time I called the switchboard at my former day job to complain about intermittent phone service (it would ring once and then drop the call).  Sue the mature, no-nonsense switchboard operator asked me how was it that I was talking with her if my phone didn't work?  :-[ :-[ :-[

JR

Sorry for the downtime. We had a flood of "attempts" originating from Russia with some support from Taiwan that looked a bit odd. I took the server offline a few times just so I could review the logs and mitigate what they were trying to accomplish.

Ethan said:
Sorry for the downtime. We had a flood of "attempts" originating from Russia with some support from Taiwan that looked a bit odd. I took the server offline a few times just so I could review the logs and mitigate what they were trying to accomplish.
There should be a special room in hell for hackers.

It would have to be a very large room.....

JR

Ethan said:

Really??? there's hackers in Russia?

can't be true!!!!!!!!

same problems here in Italy.
Why did they want attacking this forum since  it should not be a strategic target? or they did want attacking  western music production in a way? Or something  as exercise?  Or for getting personal datas?

Back