News:

Happy New Year!

Re: Monitor Amps - Class A Monster Madness ?
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2017, 03:51:34 PM »
can anyone see the jpg I attached - it seems to have screwed up somehow

ruffrecords

« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2017, 05:56:04 PM »
Not visible here.

IAn

alexc

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2017, 02:31:00 AM »
Hey Mike - thanks for the description. Photos aren't linking right tho'.

Sounds hot! ... literally :)   50Wrms per channel of JLH is ..  something like 150W of heat per channel dissipating ?

I'm looking forward to getting mine going ... 30Wrms max  per channel off +/- 25Vdc supply.

Not regulating here either  - I like  the 'brute force' method of filtering  :)

I'll be keenly interested in the thd figures I eventually get. 0.1% THD over at clip over such wide BW is pretty good performance.

Of course, the method of measure is also important - at this stage, I just do THD measures at 1KHz till I 'dial it in' then take readings at 20Hz and 100Hz at the bottom end, 10KHz and 20KHz at the top.

My app of choice, REW - as well as a  million great features,  now has a 'headline THD figure'  for 20Hz-20KHz  BW :) displayed in real time (ish)   8) 8)

That's way, way cool - not yet, tho', does it 'headline' the extended BW that the system generally supports ie 10Hz-48KHz.

But even at the provided 20-20KHz BW  it's a huge milestone in getting 'aggregated' thd measures - I like to think of it as 'fanfare for the common man' :)

Thanks mr REW for the 'killer audio measurement app of all time'  :)   ;D ;D ;D

ANyway - JLH is crazy but cool. I see it as the logical extension of classic Neve class A circuits ... but to a hot level of LOUD!
I ping therefore I am

« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2017, 07:54:36 AM »
I give up - I cannot seem to add attachments - its a plain jpg

Any thoughts anyone?

Mike