FEELER : IT'S ALIVE!!!Finally finished 32C project! (SCHEMATIC & BOM)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might be interested in a stereo pair.
But may I ask where the low shelf switch is supposed to be?
Can't see it on the pictures.
It seems this thread contained some pictures not there anymore.

And even though it was not available in the original - would it be possible to use a switch for a high shelf as well?

rainton said:
Might be interested in a stereo pair.
But may I ask where the low shelf switch is supposed to be?
Can't see it on the pictures.
It seems this thread contained some pictures not there anymore.

And even though it was not available in the original - would it be possible to use a switch for a high shelf as well?

If you mean placing low switch,it must be placed to bottom side.And yes i removed them.It was just simple pictures to show processing.

32C has no high shelf.

Hi,

if I wanted to have a bypass for each band (I never trust center positions on gain pots,hahaha....),would it be that simple by just bypassing the i/o per band....what do you think?

Cheers,

Udo.

kante1603 said:
Hi,

if I wanted to have a bypass for each band (I never trust center positions on gain pots,hahaha....),would it be that simple by just bypassing the i/o per band....what do you think?

Cheers,

Udo.

Of course you can do it.You already connecting band with wires.So you can add switches between bands.

ForthMonkey said:
Of course you can do it.You already connecting band with wires.So you can add switches between bands.
Yes,that's what I meant.
Up to some parts sourcing now....
Once I have the boards in my hands I will decide how to arrange them,whether 19" or 500 series format.
Thanks for your great and fast service!

Have a nice weekend,

Udo.

@Forthmonkey:

Have done the i/o/filterboards so far.
Do you have a parts number or at least a brand name for the 2p2t pushbutton switches for us?
I have a lot c&k here,but they don't fit because of too small pin pitches.

Thank you in advance,

Udo.

ForthMonkey said:
Thank you.
It says it's 100% c&k compatible,so I did some searching and found these:
http://www.digikey.de/product-detail/de/c-k-components/F2UEE/401-1223-ND/417517
Looks like they're o.k.,at least pin pitch dimensions and schematic fit the bill.
Will give it a try I think.

For mounting them on io/filter boards you did them from top if I remember so two boards fit 1ru top of each other,correct?Sadly your nice frontpanel layout is removed for some reason (same as wiring),and I did not save them to my computer.

Btw,in case I like the eqs when finished,will you have more boards sets on sale?

Best regards,

Udo.

kante1603 said:
ForthMonkey said:
Thank you.
It says it's 100% c&k compatible,so I did some searching and found these:
http://www.digikey.de/product-detail/de/c-k-components/F2UEE/401-1223-ND/417517
Looks like they're o.k.,at least pin pitch dimensions and schematic fit the bill.
Will give it a try I think.

For mounting them on io/filter boards you did them from top if I remember so two boards fit 1ru top of each other,correct?Sadly your nice frontpanel layout is removed for some reason (same as wiring),and I did not save them to my computer.

Btw,in case I like the eqs when finished,will you have more boards sets on sale?

Best regards,

Udo.

Filter I/O board's swithes must be placed on top side and band's swithces to bottom side.

For now i have no but i'm thinking to order new batch.

Added front panel to first post.

ForthMonkey said:
Filter I/O board's swithes must be placed on top side and band's swithces to bottom side.

Thank you.
The fpd file has quite some double drillings with small offsets for pots,just to let you know.
But thank you,I can derive a couple of info from there,whether for 1 ru or 500 series format.

Question on decoupling caps:We talked about them recently (100nF,mounted at bottom side).From the ic data sheet I see a recommendation to use two on each ic (one each from each rail to ground).Is that o.k. for you?

Now again for parts sourcing,

best,

Udo.

kante1603 said:
ForthMonkey said:

Thank you.
The fpd file has quite some double drillings with small offsets for pots,just to let you know.
But thank you,I can derive a couple of info from there,whether for 1 ru or 500 series format.

Question on decoupling caps:We talked about them recently (100nF,mounted at bottom side).From the ic data sheet I see a recommendation to use two on each ic (one each from each rail to ground).Is that o.k. for you?

Now again for parts sourcing,

best,

Udo.

When i test it,i didn't use decoupling caps and there was no noise.But if you want to use,try a cap for each rail to ground.

ForthMonkey said:
When i test it,i didn't use decoupling caps and there was no noise.But if you want to use,try a cap for each rail to ground.

Will keep you posted,thanks for your nice and fast service!

Have a good weekend,

Udo.

Anybody know where I can get 50k or 47k rev-log pots that aren't OMEG? The Omegs are pretty expensive for us Canadians. Plus I used them for the 500-series Studer 169 EQ and have still not found knobs for them yet. :-\

Back