Another Neve 1272 summing mixer.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoops said:
Right.

Also don't tell the brigade Neve just used off the shelf parts and that the transistors where never selected.

People still believe the transistors need to be selected for a specific beta
…..same for caps and other parts too
; )
ps
it's this project finished and working ?

It is.  But not at 100%.  One channel and part of the master section are not working. But otherwise it's pretty damn good. I had to take q break for work but I'm still slowly chipping away at it.

Hi Rocinante,

I know this is an old thread, but just wanted to say: really nice work on committing to your sentiment in your first post *(i.e. a thread that doesn't die away after a few posts).

This is a really interesting read - great comments and input from all, with an extra gold star for Ian and his guidance!

It's a really good source of detailed and basic information in one hit - the topic's something I'm very interested in (for the time being at least!).  Not so much in schematic details, but more-so in a "customising a mixer format to suit your needs" kind of way.

One thing - pictures don't seem to show up anymore.  I'd love to see one or two, even if only the outside!...

Best,

Jonny

Hey guys,
Whoa time does fly.  I know it's been a minute and I am rather upset about my postimage account vanishing.  Anyways I re-uploaded the pics and will put them up here too.  I will also go through the thread and upload the various schematics and wiring diagrams I have, albeit it will take me a minute to find them.
My band is doing well and I have gotten into building guitar amps as of the last year.  Oh and Helios modules.  I will try to take some inside pics.  Until then....

This is really impressive - what an achievement!

Do you use it much?

I think the last we heard from you in this thread you had a problem with the input board - did you manage to sort that out?

Thank you.  I had decided to keep my modified Soundcraft Ghost console as i realized I really like using consoles, but yes I use it and like it even though I have it opened up often as I experiment with it and try to make it better.
Every so often I lose a channel (for reasons not yet clear) or ground noise kicks in and I open it back up. I also designed an accompanying monitor controller (with daw transport) that integrates with it (but could be used on its own) but was blown away by other members monitor controls that i decided to re design it again.
I'll post a few tracks that were mixed with it in a few.

Yes please do post some tracks, I'd be interested to hear.

Have you measured the cross talk in it at all?

I'm toying with making a much more stripped back summing/ line mixer with 1272s, so I'm very interested to hear your thoughts on how much use you get out of it.

Back